Replacing the Peloton Row seat and rail is a Member-friendly process.
If you have received a replacement seat and rail, follow the replacement steps below. If you require a replacement part, please contact our Member Support Team.
Tool needed: 6mm Allen Wrench
1. Place a mat on the floor to protect the Row and your floor from scratches during the repair.
2. Turn the power switch off and unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.
3. Make sure your Row handle is docked and everything is removed from the storage tray.
4. Open the rail bolt cover by sliding it towards the back of the Row. Using the 6mm Allen wrench, loosen the screw connecting the rail to the base. The screw should not come out completely.
5. Slightly lift the base with the handle in the cup holder and pull the rail away to detach.
6. Using the 6mm Allen wrench, remove the seat stopper (a) from the rail. Then remove the gasket (b).
7. Remove the black strap. Fit the seat onto the rail. Make sure the Peloton "P" logo is closest to the rail foot. The hole in the gasket (b) should be on the same side as the "P" logo on the seat.
8. Push the seat all the way to the end of the rail. Reinstall the black strap around the rail to keep the seat from moving forward during installation. Turn the rail on its side. Put the gasket back on with the smooth side facing out. Put the seat stopper back in using the 6mm Allen wrench and tighten the bolt until snug.
9. Align the rail and base. Push the rail into the base as far as it will go. Lift the rail by the rail foot to seat the rail into the base, and roll the Row forward until fully seated into the base. Place the Row on the floor.
This step can be a little tricky and requires some effort. Take your time and you’ll get it right!
10. Tighten the rail bolt clockwise with the 6mm Allen wrench until it's snug. Slide the protective cover over the bolt.
Warning: Fully tighten rail bolt during assembly and before stowing the Row upright to prevent rail separation and risk of injury.