Storing your Peloton Row in the upright position is a great way to save space. However, do not store your Peloton Row vertically without properly installing and using the Upright Wall Anchor.
To avoid the risk of serious injury from the Row tipping over, please read and follow the instructions in the Upright Wall Anchor guide that is provided. Additionally, if you are unable to comfortably lift more than 40 lbs or 18 kg, ensure that you receive assistance in stowing, un-stowing, or moving the Row.
Before beginning the upright storing process, always verify that the Upright Wall Anchor is securely mounted to the wall and check for damage before using. For your safety, Peloton recommends professional installation of the Peloton Upright Wall Anchor, such as by a handyman, appliance installer, or local hardware retailer.
- The Upright Wall Anchor is designed to be installed through drywall, on a load-bearing wall into a wooden stud only. Do not install the anchor into drywall alone, metal studs, masonry, or any other surface that is not supported by a wooden stud.
- For more information on installing the Upright Wall Anchor, please click here.
Once the Upright Wall Anchor has been properly installed, please follow the steps below to store your Peloton Row upright.
How to Store Your Peloton Row Upright
1. Before you stow your Peloton Row vertically, make sure that you have a clearance of 24 in or 0.6 m on either side of the Row.
2. Turn the Row's power switch off and unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.
3. Make sure your Row handle is docked and everything is removed from the storage tray.
4. Slide the Row seat all the way forward toward the base. Be careful not to pinch your fingers as the seat moves freely.
5. Tilt the touchscreen all the way down.
6. Press the button on the arm as you push the arm all the way down. Make sure to keep your fingers clear of the base of the arm to avoid injury.
7. Carefully lower the touchscreen arm until you hear a click. Confirm that the touchscreen arm is locked into place before attempting to move your Peloton Row.
8. Raise the rail foot until you can reach the handle located under the rail. Use this handle to lift the Row to a fully vertical position.
9. After stowing the Peloton Row, carefully lift it until it is fully upright. Be careful to leave enough space between the Row and the wall so it doesn’t collide with the wall when you’re tipping it up.
10. Center the Peloton Row in front of the Upright Wall Anchor with the rail foot and handle facing out. CAUTION: Never store the Peloton Row vertically on the Peloton Row Mat or any other mat. Always roll the mat up with the logo facing out and store it where it will not be a tripping hazard.
11. Wrap the tether around the Row by threading it between the rail and rail handle.
12. Make sure you power off the Row and remove the power cord from the device and the wall before stowing. If you leave the cord plugged in, someone could trip over it, or it could be damaged. A damaged power cord can be hazardous and can cause a fire.
13. If you’re using the Row mat, make sure to roll it up with the logo facing outward so it doesn’t curl, then stow it properly to prevent a tripping hazard
You have now successfully stored your Peloton Row! When you’re ready for your next workout, lower the Row to its horizontal position and raise the arm until you hear a click. Once you do, you’re all set.