If you have an Apple® ID or a Google® Account, you can use the Sign in with Apple® or Sign in with Google® options, on the Peloton iOS and Android App, to create an account. Using either of these sign-in methods is optional, and is not required to use Peloton. This is simply another way to create an account and sign in.
- To learn more about Sign in with Apple®, visit What is Sign in with Apple®? from Apple® Support.
- To learn more about Sign in with Google®, visit What is Sign in with Google®? from Google® Support.
Creating a New Peloton Account with Apple® or Google®
As long as your Apple® ID or Google® Account email address is not already associated with a pre-existing Peloton account, follow these steps to create your account:
- Open the Peloton App.
- Click “Continue with Apple®” or “Continue with Google®”.
- Then, Apple® or Google® will prompt you with steps on how to log in to Peloton.
Once completed, a new Peloton account will automatically be created for you.
Sign into Peloton with a QR Code
On selected platforms, you will now be presented with a QR code on the login screen. To login to your Peloton Account, simply use your mobile device’s camera to scan the QR code on the Peloton supported platform you are logging into. This will open the Peloton App on your phone if it has already been downloaded, or a new webpage on your mobile browser.
You can then sign in with your username and password, or sign in with Apple® or Google®. If you choose to sign in with Apple® or Google®, your screen will prompt you with steps on how to do so.
- Note: Currently, the QR code login process is not supported by Web TV or FIRE TV.
To begin the updated QR code login process, please follow the steps below:
- Open the Peloton App on your platform of choice.
- You will now see two options to log in. You can log in normally using your Peloton username and password, or scan the QR code shown on the left hand side (supported on the Bike, Bike+, Guide, Android® TV, and Apple® TV).
- Use the camera on your mobile device to scan the QR code.
- Once the QR code is picked up by your mobile device, it will be highlighted and you can tap the link.
- If you’re logged into the Peloton App already, your device will automatically open the app and ask you to “confirm” that you’d like to log in.
- If you’re not logged into the Peloton App, you will be redirected to the login page where you can sign in using Apple® or Google® as well.
You have now successfully logged into your Peloton Account using the QR Code.
Linking Your Apple® ID or Google® Account to Your Existing Peloton Account
This feature is not yet supported. Only new Peloton accounts can be created with the Sign in with Apple® or Sign in with Google® options.
Where are the Sign in with Apple® & Sign in with Google® options available?
As of today, the Sign in with Apple® and Sign in with Google® options are currently available for new Peloton Members only on the Peloton iOS & Android® App. This update will slowly become available on other Peloton-connected fitness devices and apps subsequently. At this time, linking your Apple® ID or Google® Account to an existing Peloton Account is not yet supported.
If I used Apple® or Google® to sign in previously, what do I do when a Peloton-connected fitness product, the Peloton App, or the Website does not have the Sign in with Apple® and Sign in with Google® options?
Please use the email address and password associated with your Apple® or Google® account that you have previously used to log in to a Peloton-connected fitness product, the Peloton App, or the Website. Additionally, if a QR code is present on your login screen, you can scan the code using your mobile device’s camera and follow instructions to login.
How do I set a password for my Peloton account if I previously used Apple® or Google® to sign in?
There are two ways to set a password for your Peloton account if you choose to sign in using your Apple® ID or Google® Account:
- After creating a Peloton account with Google® or with Apple®, you will receive an email with the title “Create a Peloton Password” notifying you to set a password for your Peloton account. Please follow the instructions in the email to create a password for your Peloton account.
- You can also set a password by using the “Forgot Password” link. Enter the Apple® or Google® email address you used when you originally selected either the Sign in with Apple® or Sign in with Google® option.
Note: If you used the Apple® feature “Hide My Email”, you will have to enter the hidden email to reset the password.
How do I retrieve the hidden email address shared by Apple® with Peloton?
You can retrieve the hidden email address (relay address) corresponding to your Peloton account by following these steps:
- Go to your iPhone.
- Open “Settings.”
- Tap on your Apple® ID profile at the top.
- Tap on “Password & Security.“
- Tap on “Apps Using Apple® ID.”
- Go to the “Peloton App” and copy the email from “Hide My Email.” (Example: “firstname.lastname@example.org”)
What happens if I don’t remember my Apple® ID or Google® password?
You will have to recover your Google® or Apple® passwords as instructed by Google® Support and Apple® Support respectively.