This article outlines the Member activation process for Peloton Products and Memberships.
- Setting Up Your Peloton Account
- Using Your Peloton Activation Key
- Activating Your Bike, Bike+, Tread, or Row
- How To Activate If You Didn’t Purchase the Bike, Bike+, Tread, or Row
- How To Activate If You Purchased Through a Third-Party Retailer
Setting Up Your Peloton Account
When you first turn on your new Peloton Product, you will be asked to log in using the email and password from your Peloton Account.
All Bike, Bike+,Tread, or Row owners automatically have a Peloton Account created for them when they check out from our website. To set up your password, click here and enter the email that you used to purchase your product.
If you have forgotten your password, click here and enter your email address. You will receive an email with instructions on how to reset your password.
To learn how to add new Members to your account, click here.
Using Your Peloton Activation Key
Q: What is an activation key?
A Peloton Membership activation key is a unique code associated with your Peloton Membership that allows you to activate your Peloton product.
Q: Where can I find my activation key?
You can find it in a follow-up email with the subject line “How to Prepare for your Delivery.”
Q: What happens if I use it and it says it’s already been used?
If your Peloton Membership activation key has already been used, you will need to log in as the owner of the Membership.
Activating Your Bike, Bike+, Tread, or Row
You’ll need either the login credentials (email and password) associated with your Peloton Account or a Membership activation key.
At the start of the activation process, you’ll be prompted to put in your email. If we find a Membership linked to your account, you’ll be asked to log in. If no memberships are associated with that email, you’ll be prompted to enter your activation key, found in your 'Prepare for Delivery' email and the SMS you should have received prior to the delivery of your Bike, Bike+, Tread, or Row.
If there isn't a payment method on file as you go through the activation process, you'll need to add payment information so we can provide you with access to Peloton content.
This card will be used to process your membership payment, which will automatically renew monthly unless you cancel.
You can also refer to the following video for help activating your Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, or Row:
How To Activate If You Didn’t Purchase the Bike, Bike+, Tread, or Row
If you received your Peloton Product as a gift, or if someone else in your home made the purchase, you’ll need to use your Peloton Membership activation key after entering your personal email.
Your membership activation key is a six letter code and you can find it in your “Prepare for Delivery” email.
You can also refer to the steps below to activate your Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, or Row using an activation key:
- Select your wireless network from the available list and enter your wireless password.
- Select your local timezone and tap "Getting Started."
- Enter your email and password for your Peloton Account.
- Select the membership-associated account and tap "activate". If you've received the Bike, Bike+, Tread, or Row as a gift, enter your membership activation key.
- Create your rider profile including username and personalized information. Your username will need to be unique.
- Confirm your information and tap "Looks Good".
How To Activate If You Purchased Through a Third-Party Retailer
If you purchased a Peloton Product through a third party retailer, you will need to purchase your All-Access Membership separately. Please note that you will not be charged for the All-Access Membership until you activate it on your Peloton Product.
If you have an active App Membership, you will need to cancel your App Membership prior to starting your All-Access Membership. You can find more information on Peloton Memberships here and information on cancelling your App Membership here.
The activation process will start on your Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, or Row. To start the activation process, please follow the instructions below:
1. You will be prompted to select your language, sign into your WiFi network, download any updates, and select your time zone.
2. Next, you will be prompted to either purchase a Membership or input your Membership activation key. Please note that you will only have an activation key if you previously purchased an All-Access Membership. If you need to purchase an All-Access Membership, select “Buy Subscription” to proceed.
3. After selecting “Buy Subscription”, you will be provided a QR code to assist in the activation process. This link will take you directly to the webpage to purchase your All-Access Membership.
4. Once you visit the page on your web or mobile device, you will be prompted to enter the six-digit code provided from the product touchscreen and select “Start Activation”.
5. After inputting the code, you will see the following screen on your Peloton Product touchscreen as you go through the web based process.
6. On the web, you will automatically be sent to the following page. Select “Get Started” to continue.
7. If you are already logged in on the web, you will see your profile information, if not you will be prompted to log-in to continue. Once logged in, select “Continue."
8. Next, you will be prompted to add and or confirm any payment information.
9. After clicking “Start Membership”, you will receive confirmation that your Membership is attached to your profile. You can continue the activation process on your Peloton Product.
10. On your device, you can complete the activation process by naming your device and profile information.
You are now ready to start using your Peloton!