Before setting up your Peloton Guide, make sure to review the safety information documented in the User Manual.
To set up your Peloton Guide, you need the following:
- Your Peloton Guide.
- The mount (included).
- Power cable & adapter (included).
- Peloton Guide remote (batteries are included).
- A TV with an available HDMI port and 16:9 aspect ratio.
- HDMI cable (included).
- A Peloton Guide-Only All-Access Membership or All-Access Membership account.
- A high-speed, wireless internet connection and access to a web browser to support the activation process.
Finding an appropriate place for your Peloton Guide is important. Here are some tips on where to place your Peloton Guide in your home.
Find the right spot:
- Place the Peloton Guide 3 to 6 feet from the ground by mounting it on top of an anchored TV or placing it on a stable surface.
- Point the Peloton Guide toward your workout area, making sure there are no obstructions.
- Place your Peloton Guide indoors in a well ventilated, climate controlled location.
- Avoid light sources facing the camera directly, such as lamps or windows.
- Ensure the Peloton Guide is placed at least a foot away from speakers or other objects that may confuse the device.
- Keep your Peloton Guide and its cords away from food, liquids, and sources of heat.
Mount your Peloton Guide:
- Your Guide hub unit attaches to the mount magnetically.
- Ensure the hinge is at the back.
- To adjust the angle of your Guide, move it forward or backward on the mount to tilt it down or up.
- If you’re installing your Guide on top of an anchored TV, pull the mount open.
- Fit the top half of the mount over the edge of your TV and push it back until it catches on the front of the screen.
- Hold it there and fold the bottom half of the mount in until it’s pressed firmly against the back of the TV.
Note: If the top of your TV is too wide, or if it’s unstable against the back of your TV, consider placing the Guide on a flat surface instead and keep the mount closed.
Give yourself room to work out:
- Give yourself at least 4.5 x 6 feet / 1.4 x 1.8m of unobstructed space - about the size of two yoga mats side by side.
- Stay within 6 to 8 feet of the camera for optimal tracking.
Connect your Guide to WiFi:
- Before setting up the device, Peloton Guide will require a WiFi connection.
- We recommend running a speed test from a mobile device to confirm the area receives a consistent signal. Peloton recommends at least a 15mbps download speed to use the product.
- Peloton Guide works with 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz WiFi running on 802.11a/g/n/ac and will not support “hidden” WiFi networks.
- Select your Wifi network and enter your password using the onscreen keyboard.
- Select your time zone.
Ensure the Peloton Guide has access to a power outlet and a HDMI port on your TV:
- The Peloton Guide comes with a 5 ft. HDMI cable and a 5-foot power adapter.
- The power adapter will work in a standard outlet in your home. If the Guide is too far away from an outlet, we recommend using an extension cord to ensure consistent power.
- Plug the power cable and HDMI cables into the back of your Guide.
- Plug the power cable into an outlet. You should see a light turn on at the front of your Guide.
- Plug the HDMI cable into an HDMI input on your TV and secure any excess cables.
Set up your Guide remote:
- Grab the remote and install the two AAA batteries included.
- Turn on your TV with your TV remote and switch to the correct HDMI input.
- It may take a minute, but you should soon see an image of your Guide remote on your screen.
- Ensure your remote is within range of your Guide and press any button on the remote.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to allow your Guide remote to control your TV volume or skip this step if you prefer to control volume with your TV remote.
Calibrate your screen:
- Use the “up” and “down” buttons on the remote to move the arrows in and out.
- Try to get all four arrows to touch the edges of the screen. Ensure that the arrows are not cut off on the screen.
- If you only see two arrows, the other two are too far outside the screen. Press down to move them closer to the center.
- Once the arrows are properly fitted to the edges of the screen, select “Done” to complete screen calibration.
Calibrate your microphone:
- Microphone calibration teaches your Guide to listen to your voice commands. Voice controls only works with explicit user action of turning on the switch located on the back of the Peloton Guide. If you skip the microphone calibration, voice controls will be disabled until you choose to complete the calibration.
- Once everything is calibrated, you can connect your Guide to a Peloton account.