Caring For Your Tread and Tread+
The safety and integrity of the Peloton Tread can only be maintained when regularly examined for damage and repaired when necessary.
Always power down and unplug the Tread before cleaning or performing maintenance.
It is the owner’s sole responsibility to ensure that regular maintenance is performed. Replace worn or damaged parts immediately. Use only original parts from Peloton.
Do not use the Tread until necessary repairs are made. Service other than the procedures described here must be performed by an authorized Technician.
Changes or modifications to the Tread not expressly approved by Peloton could void the Limited Home Use Warranty.
- Clean Tread/Tread+ surfaces.
- Check power cord for damage.
- Clean the area underneath the Tread/Tread+.
Note: Before powering off the Tread/Tread+ for cleaning, set the incline to 2% or higher to allow access to the area underneath the Tread/Tread+. Always power off and unplug the Tread/Tread+ before cleaning.
- Check the entire Tread/Tread+ for wear and damage.
- Test the safety key by pulling it out while walking on the Tread/Tread+.
Make sure the belt is centered (applicable to the Tread only)
- Clean surfaces with a damp cloth and mild, soapy water.
- Never use abrasive cleaners.
- Never spray or pour liquid directly on Tread/Tread+ surfaces.
- Never allow liquid to drip between the slats or into any other opening on the Tread+.
- The storage compartment cloth on the Tread+ is non-removable but you can clean it with a damp cloth.
Please note: The Peloton Tread+ belt slats are coated in natural rubber, which has a distinctive smell. This smell will fade over time, but you can get rid of it more quickly by leaving windows open to circulate air in the Tread+ area and cleaning the slat belt frequently with a cloth dampened with mild soapy water.
- Wipe down your touchscreen using only an approved electronic cleaner (one made specifically for use with LCD, Plasma, or other flatscreens) and a microfiber cloth.
- You do not have to shut down the Tread/Tread+ after each use, as the touchscreen will automatically go into sleep mode after an extended idle period. We recommend that you restart the touchscreen every so often to ensure the software can properly update.
Please see our product manual page for additional maintenance instructions on caring for your Tread/Tread+.
Safety Key Maintenance
- The area surrounding the safety key and safety key opening should be kept dry and free from moisture. Please refrain from using any liquid cleaners around the area. If the safety key, safety key opening, or surrounding area is exposed to liquid (including cleaners, sweat, or drinks) or appears wet or moist, it is important to dry the safety key and the surrounding area immediately.
- After the area has been dried from a spill or exposure to moisture, please test the safety key by pulling it out while walking on the Tread to ensure that the safety key is still working properly. If it is not and you require a replacement safety key, please contact our Member Support Team immediately by clicking here.
Tread and Tread+ Shedding Black Shavings
Black shavings or black dust are common with the Peloton Tread and Tread+.
Over time, these specks will disappear. Please make sure that you follow the necessary steps to clean your Peloton, as it is essential to keep your product clean and maintained.