With the Peloton Android® App, Members can now connect Bluetooth®-enabled heart rate monitors to see real-time heart rate information during all Peloton classes.
Tracking your heart rate during a workout is one of the best ways to see how hard you’re working and help track your progress over time.
With this new addition, you can now take advantage of our Heart Rate Zone classes, designed around Heart Rate Zone methodology. Each zone is tailored to a specific intensity based on your maximum heart rate (MHR) so you always know exactly how hard to work.
Helpful Tips to Get You Started
For chest strap heart rate monitors, please note that the leads should be slightly wet in order to best pick up your heart rate. You can dip your finger in water and gently wet each lead before putting it on, or just put it on after you've already worked up a sweat.
If you are having trouble pairing your heart rate monitor, ensure that your monitor is not currently paired with any other devices. If you continue to have trouble with your heart rate monitor, the battery may need to be replaced. Some known devices that work with the Peloton App are:
- Peloton Heart RateMonitor (recommended)
- Bluetooth®-compatible Polar heart rate sensor straps
- Wahoo Tickr straps
Ready to train? Start by taking one of our Heart Rate Zone classes featuring Christine D’Ercole or Jennifer Jacobs. These classes are designed to get you familiar with Heart Rate Zones and enhance your approach to training.
Connecting Your Heart Rate Monitor
To connect your Heart Rate Monitor to the Peloton App, follow the 3 simple steps below:
1. Turn on your Android® device’s Bluetooth® capabilities and make sure the location services are enabled.
2. Enter your birthdate into the Peloton App—this will assist in determining your max heart rate. From there, the App will search for compatible devices.
3. Finally, select your desired Heart Rate Monitor to pair.
You're all set!