The Peloton touchscreen is equipped with speakers for your best listening experience; however, if you need to use headphones, we strongly suggest Bluetooth®-enabled headphones for all workouts.
If you plan to use wired headphones, the touchscreen on your Peloton accepts any standard 3.5mm headphone jack. Make sure to keep the headphone wires away from moving parts.
Recommended Bluetooth® Headphones
Before pairing your Bluetooth® headphones, first, check to see if your headphones are compatible with the Peloton.
Our recommendation: The JBL X Peloton Earbuds are great to ride or run with. Syncing these headphones to the Peloton touchscreen is simple - the headphones come with easy-to-follow instructions that will guide you through syncing the headphones with any product.
The process for pairing devices can vary. With most Bluetooth® devices, you'll see a steady or slow blinking blue light on the device when it's ready to pair.
We recommend referencing your Bluetooth® device's manual to ensure your device is in pairing mode before attempting to pair it with the Peloton touchscreen.
Here is a list of Bluetooth® compatible headphones and speakers that we've tested and recommend for use with your Peloton:
- JBL X Peloton Earbuds
- Apple® AirPods
- Urbanears Hellas Headphones
- Beats Pill
Pairing Bluetooth® Headphones
To pair your Bluetooth® headphones, ensure your headphones are in pairing mode. Most headphones flash a blue light when in pairing mode.
Next, log in to your Peloton touchscreen and click the menu button in the bottom-right corner of your home screen. Find the Bluetooth® settings on the left side of the touchscreen. Toggle the Bluetooth® setting to "on" to have your Peloton search for and connect to your Bluetooth® device.
You can also pair your headphones before a class starts—a prompt will appear to connect your Bluetooth® headphones.
Please refer to the following video for assistance with pairing your Bluetooth® headphones:
If you are still having trouble pairing your headphones, please contact our Member Support by clicking here.
Pairing Apple Airpods
How to pair Apple® AirPods to the Peloton touchscreen:
- Make sure the Apple® AirPods are not connected to any other device and the Bluetooth® option is enabled.
- Once confirmed, place your Apple® AirPods in their case—keeping the lid open.
- Reset your Apple® AirPods by holding the button on the back of the case for 3-5 seconds until the amber light blinks three times. Once the Apple® AirPods are reset, put them back into pairing mode and try to pair them with the touchscreen.
- Close the case's lid. Select “AirPod” or the customized AirPod name on the "Available Devices" list on your Peloton touchscreen and wait for the status to change to “Paired.”
- Tap the Peloton logo in the bottom-center of the touchscreen to return to the "Featured" page.
- Test a ride to ensure that the sound is playing through your Apple® AirPods.
Please note: Some Bluetooth® devices may need to be reset in order to sync to a touchscreen.