Peloton Bikes and Treads are compatible with both Bluetooth® and ANT+ devices.
Peloton Heart Rate Monitors
If you do not already own an ANT+ compatible heart rate monitor, you may purchase the Peloton Heart Rate Band.
If you are not using a Peloton Heart Rate Monitor, you can check if your heart monitor is ANT+ here. Once you are on the site, choose the "Heart Rate Monitor" filter under the 'Categories' section on the left side of the page.
If your heart rate monitor is ANT+ compatible, the metric for your heart rate will automatically appear in the top left of your touchscreen. Please note, your heart rate monitor must be on prior to starting the class. To make sure your heart rate monitor is on, ensure the sensors are lightly wet (with water or sweat) before placing the leads on your chest.
Some known devices that are compatible with the Peloton are:
- Peloton Heart Rate Band
- Bluetooth® compatible Polar heart rate sensor straps
- Wahoo Tickr straps
Enabling Bluetooth® on Your Touchscreen
For Bluetooth® heart rate monitors, you will need to enable Bluetooth on your Peloton touchscreen in order to connect.
If Bluetooth® is turned off, you will see the screen below. Please ensure the Bluetooth® option is turned on before attempting to connect.
Connecting Your Heart Rate Monitor
Prior to connecting, please ensure you have properly attached and positioned your Heart Rate Monitor according to the device's instructions.
1. To connect your Heart Rate Monitor, navigate to the Heart Rate Monitor connection modal. You can find the modal by joining a class or by tapping on the time in the top right corner of the touchscreen and selecting 'Heart Rate Monitor'.
|In Class Modal||Heart Rate Monitor Modal|
2. Select the “Connect” button located next to your Heart Rate Monitor. There is no need to connect Heart Rate Monitors in Bluetooth® settings.
- Bluetooth® devices will display device names; e.g., Peloton, Cardiosport, RHYTHM.
- ANT+ devices will show a device ID; e.g., Device:12345.
3. Ensure your Heart Rate Monitor is on for the Peloton to discover the device. If the Heart Rate Monitor is not displaying on the list, tap the refresh button in the top right of the “Set Up Heart Rate Monitor” screen.
4. After connecting to the Heart Rate Monitor, join any class to see the metrics for your heart rate in the top left corner of your touchscreen.
If you have trouble connecting your Heart Rate Monitor:
- Ensure the heart rate monitor is not currently connected to any other devices.
- Check if the battery needs to be replaced.
If you have any trouble with your Heart Rate Monitor, please contact our Member Support Team for assistance.