Peloton collects sales tax on Peloton Membership to comply with state and local tax requirements.
How is the tax amount determined?
For sales tax purposes, electronically delivered products and services are generally considered to be delivered to a Member’s address, as reflected by their billing address.
If you live in a state that collects sales tax on digital subscriptions, you should expect applicable sales tax on your monthly or annual membership payments.
Tax rates vary by state, city, and local jurisdiction and are based on the rates applicable at the time of your monthly charge. These amounts can change over time with state and local tax requirements.
For more information, please refer to your state's website.
What happens if sales tax becomes required for my location?
If we become required to add sales tax to your membership per your location, the change will be made to your account automatically. Peloton will not back-charge you for your prior months as a subscription holder.
Note: For Peloton App Members that have moved since joining Peloton, please update your payment details here to ensure you’re being billed correctly.
Where can I see what I’m being charged?
You can always see the details of your billing history by viewing your receipts:
- Log in at this link: https://members.onepeloton.com/preferences/subscriptions
- Click on your subscription to see your subscription transactions
- Tax is the difference between the subtotal and total charged
For App Members, you can access your account here to manage your payment.
How can I update my billing zip code for my membership?
To update your billing zip code if you have recently moved, follow the below steps to make changes in your account.
- Log in with your username and password at onepeloton.com/mymembership
- Scroll down to the “My Membership” section and select the applicable membership.
- Once you’re on the “Membership Details” page, go to “Residence Zip Code” and select “Update”.
- Enter your new zip code and click “Update” to make the change. The updated tax rate will take effect at your next billing cycle.