When using the Bike and Bike+, you may encounter two common error codes: B0202 and X01TPZ001.
To troubleshoot these codes, please follow the steps below.
This error code indicates an issue with the brake’s firmware impacting the resistance knob. To resolve this issue:
- Send a diagnostic report to our engineering team. To send a diagnostic report, please open Settings by tapping the three (3) dots on the bottom right corner of the home screen. Select Device Settings, then tap Send Diagnostics to Peloton.
- Check that nothing is obstructing the brake assembly near the flywheel. Note: you may notice a red light indicator by the brake assembly.
- Inspect the cables connected to the Peloton Bike/Bike+ touchscreen and the USB-C cable connected to the front of the Bike/Bike+ above the flywheel. Make sure all cables are inserted securely and that they aren’t damaged.
- Perform a power cycle on the Bike/Bike+. To perform a power cycle:
- Hold the power button on the back of the touchscreen until the shutdown prompt appears.
- Select Shut Down.
- Unplug the power cable from the outlet and wait 30 seconds.
- Plug the power cable back into the outlet and power on the Bike/Bike+ (the Bike/Bike+ may power on automatically once plugged in).
- Confirm your Bike/Bike+ software is up-to-date with the most recent update. To install updates:
- Tap the WiFi icon on the top right corner of your touchscreen and select Device Settings from the dropdown menu.
- From the menu, select Apps.
- Tap the Peloton App from the list of applications.
- Tap the three (3) dots in the upper right corner and select Uninstall Updates.
- Once the uninstall is finished, tap on the Peloton “P” logo at the bottom of your screen.
- You will be prompted to select your profile and log in. After doing so, the update should begin automatically!
- Run the Home Installer by tapping the WiFi icon on the top right corner of your touchscreen, selecting Device Settings, and then selecting the Home Installer app.
If the error code does not go away, please contact our Member Support Team for further assistance and let us know the results of your troubleshooting.
To resolve this error code, you will want to inspect the cable connected to the Peloton Bike/Bike+ sensor board.
- Turn off the touchscreen.
- Carefully remove the plastic shroud over the flywheel. To remove the plastic brake shroud:
- Power down and unplug the Bike/Bike+. Unplug the power/data cable from the brake shroud.
- Using a 3mm Allen wrench, such as the one provided in your Bike/Bike+ toolkit, remove the shoulder bolt from the front of the water bottle holder.
- Holding the captured nut in place, unscrew the bolt using a 3mm Allen wrench. Set the nut and bolt aside. Pull the water bottle holder off the head tube.
- Use the 3mm Allen wrench, remove the shoulder bolt at the front of the shroud. Gently loosen the brake shroud.
- Push the USB-C inlet through from the back and carefully pull the wire out of its slot. Once the wire is free, remove the shroud from the Bike/Bike+.
- There is a cable that goes between the sensor board and the shroud right where the cable from the handlebars plugs in. The sensor board is the black bar with cables coming out on the right-hand side of the Bike/Bike+.
- Unplug the cable from the sensor board and plug it back in. Turn on the touchscreen.
- Repeat this process a few times if it continues to return an error.
If this does not work, try the next steps to pinpoint the issue:
- Completely remove the USB-C to Sensor Cable.
- Plug the cable from the bottom of the handlebars directly into the sensor bar. You may need to lower the handlebars.
- If the error goes away, the issue is the USB-C to Sensor Cable
Note: If the error does not go away, there might be a cable issue. If the error does not go away, please contact our Member Support Team for further assistance and let us know the results of your troubleshooting.