The Peloton Guide is equipped with a 12 megapixel front-facing camera and privacy slider. Members have the option to use Peloton Guide’s built-in camera to enable the Self-Mode feature to see their reflection on the TV display as well as utilize the Movement Tracker feature to track their performance against hundreds of movements. Members can compare their form directly next to the instructor and correct themselves as they follow along through the class.
Privacy is taken seriously at Peloton. The camera is OFF by default and is only active with explicit user action by sliding the privacy slider. With the privacy slider open, the camera is only active when the LED light next to the camera is solid green.
Enabling the camera on the Peloton Guide:
- Slide the privacy cover open to see the camera lens.
- The camera can only be enabled during a class.The light next to the camera will change to a solid green once you are in a class to signify that the camera is turned on.
Turning off the camera on the Peloton Guide:
- Close the privacy cover over the camera lens.
- The camera is only on when the privacy slider is open and there is a solid green light showing next to the camera.
- Slide the camera privacy cover open.
- Once you select a class, you will see yourself on the TV.
- Self-Mode settings can be found in your class settings, as the first highlighted section.
- Open your in-class settings by selecting the ☰ or (^) on your remote.
Note: To switch to a different display mode, press “Select” and scroll left or right to cycle through the different view options. Once selected, press back to close the in-class settings.
Choose from five different types of Self-Mode views to best fit your needs:
- Minimized: The Member is small in a “picture-in-picture” frame and the Peloton class takes up the rest of the screen.
- 50/50: The screen is cut in half and the Member takes up one half and the instructor takes up the other. This view is good for form comparison but all modules (e.g. here now, calories, heart rate, strive score, movements, etc.) in class are hidden in this mode.
- Stacked: The Member and the instructor are in equal sized frames stacked on top of each other and all other modules (e.g. here now, calories, heart rate, strive score, movements, etc.) can be shown in the margins.
- Hidden: There is no Self-Mode and the Member cannot see their reflection in class. The camera is off in this view, as indicated by the solid white light, and movement tracking is not enabled.
These Self-Mode views can be toggled during class in the quick settings menu.
Things to consider when troubleshooting Self-Mode:
- Your camera must be enabled for this feature to work. The camera is enabled by sliding the camera privacy cover open. When the camera is on, a solid green light will show by the camera.
- The last Self-Mode view selected will be saved as your preference for all future workouts.
- The movement tracking feature is dependent on Self-Mode. When the hidden Self-Mode view is selected, the camera is OFF and movement tracking is not enabled.