Peloton offers yoga classes for Members of all levels, for those just starting their yoga journeys and those who have practiced for years. Whether you want to challenge your strength and balance, improve your mobility and flexibility, or ease into recovery and restoration, Peloton Yoga features a library of live and on-demand classes formatted to help you achieve your goals.
Peloton Yoga classes are available on the Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, App, web, and Guide.
Types of Yoga Classes
Peloton Yoga includes a variety of classes, each with specific goals in mind. You can access these classes in the Peloton App or on your Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, and Guide by selecting the yoga category, clicking “Filter,” and then choosing “Class Type.” You can also further filter classes to best suit your needs by clicking “Difficulty” and selecting “Beginner,” “Intermediate,” or “Advanced.”
Yoga class types include:
- Flow: This is your traditional vinyasa yoga class that links movement to the breath cycle. Inhaling brings you into one posture, or asana, exhaling guides you into another.
- Focus Flow: Building upon the vinyasa style introduced in the Flow category, Focus Flows add an element of specificity, focusing on either a certain pose or set of poses (e.g. floor poses, forward fold, pigeon pose, etc.) or body part (e.g. core, back, hips, etc.).
- Slow Flow: As its name suggests, this class type allows you to move through a vinyasa, but at a slower pace, holding poses longer and breathing to open the muscles and build strength.
- Restoration: This is your go-to for rest and recovery. In these classes, you will ease into gentle poses and focus on breathwork to promote relaxation and recovery throughout the body and mind.
- Theme: Flow along to the tune of celebrations, holidays, moods, and music genres. Whatever the occasion or mood, these classes have something for you.
- Yoga Anywhere: For the sneaky yogis who want a quick flow while sitting in their desk chair at work, waiting at the airport, or standing in line, these classes are formulated so you can take a few minutes to move and breathe without limitations.
- Yoga Basics: Consider these classes your glossary for any poses taught in our other yoga classes. Here, you can learn a new pose or revisit an old one, and explore modifications for poses so you can adapt your practice for your unique body.
- Family & Pre/Postnatal: These classes are programmed with mothers in mind, from gentle flows to help you move and find support in this season of life to fun flows you can do with the kids.
- (Note: To show or hide pre/postnatal classes, please check out the article How To Hide On-Demand Classes.)
- Beyond the Pose: Take your practice deeper into the philosophy and poses (asanas) of yoga with this class category.
- Power: This class type aims to help you build your strength and stamina and challenge your mind and balance in faster-paced vinyasa-style flows designed to grow your confidence in your practice.
In addition to the categories listed above, Peloton offers yoga classes in Spanish with Mariana Fernández and German with Nico Sarani. To update your language preferences, go to “Settings” within your profile and toggle on whichever language(s) you choose. Save the changes, and then when you select the yoga class category, you will see the option to filter classes by language.
Peloton Yoga Programs are designed to help you develop your practice one step at a time. You can find our catalog of Peloton Programs via the Programs tab on the home screen.
Peloton Yoga Programs include:
- Beginner Yoga: This program is the ideal place to start. Join Aditi, Anna, and Kristen for three weeks and learn the basic foundations and philosophy of yoga as you begin to develop your personal practice.
- Beginner Yoga with Nico: Now in German, this one-week program with Nico walks you through the basics to help you kickstart your practice.
Specialized Programs are added frequently. To find Programs, select the "Workouts" tab and then tap the "Programs" option. For more information about Peloton Programs, click here.
Common Yoga Props
Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned yogi, you may benefit from using props to modify certain poses, support you, and challenge you throughout your yoga journey. Common props we use in Peloton Yoga classes include:
- Yoga Mat: This is your space for class. Choose a mat that provides grip for your hands and feet and that cushions and supports your body.
- Yoga Blocks: Use yoga blocks to bring the ground up to you, create additional space to move and breathe, and support you in seated poses.
- Strap: Add reach to create more space and length in various poses and binds.
- Bolster: Similarly to blocks, use a bolster to offer softer support and relaxation.
- Blanket: Use a yoga blanket to provide cushion under the knees in kneeling poses, support in seated poses, and a comforting addition to your final savasana.
To shop our yoga accessories bundle, click here.
Want to learn a little more about Peloton’s yoga instructors? Visit our instructor biography page here.