Replacing the Peloton Row seat and rail is a Member-friendly process.
If you have received a replacement seat and rail, follow the replacement steps below. If you require a replacement part, please contact our Member Support Team.
Tool needed: 6mm Allen Wrench
⚠ CAUTION: You will need the help of another person to disassemble and reassemble the Peloton Row.
1. Turn the power switch off and unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.
2. Make sure the area around the Row is clear of furniture, exercise equipment or anything else that may get in the way. Confirm that the handle is docked and everything is removed from the storage tray.
3. Open the rail bolt cover by sliding it towards the back of the Row. Using the 6mm Allen wrench, loosen the screw connecting the rail to the base. The screw should not come out completely.
5. Have another person gently lift the hub near the monitor arm to an appropriate height while the other person disconnects the rail. To disconnect the rail, carefully lift it up and pull it away from the base. Set the base back on the floor until the Row is ready to be reassembled.
6. Using the 6mm Allen wrench, remove the seat stopper (a) from the rail. Then remove the gasket (b).
7. Fit the seat onto the rail. Make sure the Peloton "P" logo is closest to the rail foot. The hole in the gasket (b) should be on the same side as the "P" logo on the seat.
8. Push the seat all the way to the end of the rail. Secure the seat to keep it from moving forward during installation. Turn the rail on its side as shown below.
⚠ CAUTION: Failure to assemble the seat and gasket in the correct orientation can result in difficulty calibrating the Row upon restart.
Put the seat stopper back in using the 6mm Allen wrench and tighten the bolt until snug. Put the gasket back on with the smooth side facing out and the small, circular hole positioned furthest from the seat stopper.
9. Turn the rail back upright. Have the other person gently lift the hub by the monitor arm until it is at a height where you can insert the rail. Carefully lift the rail with one hand on the rail foot and the other on the rail. Insert the rail fully into the base.
This step can be a little tricky and requires some effort. Take your time and you’ll get it right!
There should be no gap between the rail and the base. If a gap is present, disconnect the rail and repeat the step above.
10. Tighten the rail bolt clockwise with the 6mm Allen wrench until it's snug. Slide the protective cover over the bolt.
Warning: Fully tighten rail bolt during assembly and before stowing the Row upright to prevent rail separation and risk of injury.
Standing the Row Upright
Standing the Row fully upright will allow you to know if you’ve installed the rail properly.
- Tilt the monitor all the way down.
- Move the seat all the way forward. Be careful not to pinch your fingers as the seat moves freely.
- While firmly grasping the monitor arm with two hands, push down on the arm and squeeze the button on the underside to release the latch. Carefully lower the monitor arm until it stops, and then release the button. Slowly lift the monitor arm until you hear a click. Confirm that the monitor arm is locked into place before attempting to move the Peloton Row.
- Lift the rail foot until you can reach the rail handle. Stand the Row fully upright. This will allow you to know if the rail has been installed correctly.
- Return the Row to its horizontal position.
- Plug in the power cord and turn on the Row using the power switch.