Peloton Accessories Limited Warranty (“Limited Warranty”)
When you purchase an accessory that is available on the Peloton Interactive, Inc. (“Peloton”) accessories website located here (together, with each accessory’s components and all original parts included with each, the “Product” or “Accessory”), Peloton provides the following Limited Warranty, which applies only to non-commercial, in-home, indoor use of the Product, unless the description for the Product expressly states that it is for, or is marketed for, outdoor use. Any other use of the Product shall void this Limited Warranty. For the avoidance of doubt: (a) this Limited Warranty applies to any Products listed for sale on the Peloton accessories website, even if such Product was purchased at a Peloton retail store or through another official Peloton sales channel; and (b) this Limited Warranty does not apply to apparel or any other products sold on the apparel website located here. During the applicable Limited Warranty period described below, Peloton warrants that the Product will be free of defects under normal use. Certain exclusions apply, as further described in this Limited Warranty.
This Limited Warranty applies only against defects discovered within the applicable Limited Warranty period and only so long as the Product remains in the possession of the original purchaser, or, for a gifted Product, the first-time giftee.
PELOTON ACCESSORIES: 12 MONTHS
Peloton warrants the Product against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of 12 months from the date of delivery, or for any additional period that is required by applicable law.
If a successful claim is made for the defect that is covered by this Limited Warranty within the Limited Warranty period identified above, Peloton will service the relevant Product, and if necessary, repair or replace the relevant Product, free of charge.
Exclusions and Limitations
Who and what is covered:
- The original owner of the Product. The Product must remain in the possession of the original purchaser, or, for a gifted Product, the first-time giftee. Except as described herein for first-time giftees, this Limited Warranty is not transferable. Warranty coverage is limited to any area which Peloton sells to in the US and Canada.
- If a defect arises in the Product within the applicable Limited Warranty period, the purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy is for Peloton to, at Peloton’s discretion to the extent permitted by applicable law, either replace or repair the defective Product or component with a new or refurbished Product or component of the same or a comparable model. Where permitted by applicable law, replacement units, parts and electronic components reconditioned to as-new condition by Peloton or its vendors may sometimes be supplied as warranty replacement and constitute fulfillment of warranty terms.
- Any replacement or repaired component shall be warranted for the remainder of the original Limited Warranty period or 30 days, whichever is longer, or for any additional period that is required by applicable law.
What is NOT covered:
- Any other Peloton products or services, non-Peloton products or labor, units that are, or that Peloton reasonably believes to be, stolen, counterfeit, or purchased from an unauthorized distributor or reseller, units purchased or used outside the U.S. or Canada, and units missing serial numbers.
- Software, even if sold with or embedded in the Product (except to the extent required by applicable law), or Internet connectivity. Peloton does not warrant that the operation of the Product will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- Data loss, including any damages or costs related to data recovery, removal, and installation. Peloton does not warrant that it will be able to repair or replace the Product under this Limited Warranty without risk to or loss of information or data stored on the Product.
- Damage or equipment failure due to normal wear and tear or improper or negligent assembly, maintenance, installation, relocation, or repair (other than in each case that caused by a Peloton authorized service technician), use of the Product with parts or accessories from third parties, or with parts or accessories not originally intended for or compatible with the Product, or any use contrary to the instructions in the user manual, the technical specifications or other published guidelines relating to the Product.
- Damage or equipment failure due to accident, abuse, improper or abnormal use, neglect, corrosion, discoloration of paint or plastic (or any other change in cosmetic appearance that does not affect performance), theft, vandalism, fire, flood, wind, lightning, freezing or other natural disasters or acts of God of any kind, electrical wiring, power reduction, power fluctuation or power failure from whatever cause, unusual atmospheric conditions, collision, introduction of foreign objects, or modifications that are unauthorized or not recommended by Peloton.
- Incidental or consequential damages; or economic loss, loss of property or profits, or loss of enjoyment or use. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Peloton is not responsible or liable for indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, economic loss, loss of property or profits, loss of enjoyment or use, or other consequential damages of any nature whatsoever in connection with the purchase, use, repair or maintenance of equipment or parts, and Peloton will not provide monetary or other compensation for any such repairs or replacement parts costs, including but not limited to gym membership fees, work time lost, cost of substitute equipment, diagnostic visits, maintenance visits or transportation.
- Use of the Product for commercial purposes or for any use other than normal use in a single family or household.
WHAT YOU MUST DO TO MAKE A CLAIM UNDER THE LIMITED WARRANTY
To make a claim under this Limited Warranty, you must, upon discovering any nonconformity or defect:
- Cease using the Product;
- Provide Peloton Member Support with:
- The serial number or order number of your Product (if applicable);
- A copy of the dated receipt, or other proof of purchase indicating the date purchased;
- A description of the nonconformity or defect; and
- Photographs of the nonconformity or defect where they may assist Peloton Member Support to assess the claim.
Contact Member Support if you believe you need services:
- Online: Visit support.onepeloton.com
- Address: 441 Ninth Avenue, 6th Floor, New York, New York 10001
Claims must be made within the specified warranty period.
Any disputes between you and Peloton related to this Limited Warranty or the Product will be governed by the then-current dispute resolution procedures in Peloton’s Terms of Service, available at www.onepeloton.ca/terms-of-service.
*THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY GIVEN BY PELOTON AND SUPERSEDES ANY PRIOR, CONTRARY OR ADDITIONAL REPRESENTATIONS. ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY STATUTORY WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE DISCLAIMED EXCEPT IN EACH CASE TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW. IN SUCH EVENT, SUCH WARRANTY IS LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE WARRANTY PERIODS SET FORTH ABOVE. TO THE EXTENT THAT THIS EXCLUSION APPLIES, IT APPLIES EVEN IF THIS WARRANTY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSES AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER DAMAGES ARE SOUGHT FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER LEGAL RIGHTS, WHICH VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.