Pairing your Heart Rate Monitor:
1. On your Bike touchscreen, tap Settings in the top-right corner. Then, select Heart Rate Monitor.
2. Find your Heart Rate Monitor from the Available Devices list.
3. Tap Connect to pair.
- If your Heart Rate Monitor does not appear, select the refresh option in the top-right corner of the Heart Rate Monitor wizard.
- If your Heart Rate Monitor appears in the Available Devices list, tap Connect to pair. Note: You may have to tap the refresh button, then wait until the refresh animation stops spinning before tapping it again.
You may see 2 separate options under the Available Devices list (ex. “Peloton HRM XXXX” or “Device ID XXXXX”). These both represent your Heart Rate Monitor—please select Device 12345.
Lights not displaying on your Heart Rate Monitor:
If you see a blinking yellow light or are unable to see any lights when holding onto the moistened leads of the strap on your Peloton Heart Rate Monitor, it may be time to replace your battery. The Peloton Heart Rate Monitor uses a 3V Lithium battery model number CR2032. A replacement battery should be available at your local pharmacy or hardware store.
To replace your battery:
1. The back of the Heart Rate Monitor can be removed by turning a coin or another flat object inside the groove.
2. Remove the current battery.
3. Install the new battery with the plus (+) side facing outward.
4. Reinstall the back cover.
We strongly recommend snapping the Heart Rate Monitor off the band when not in use. This helps to ensure the longevity of the battery.
Incorrect heart rate metrics/detection dropping on-screen:
1. Ensure that the grey sections (sensors) on the back of your Peloton Heart Rate Monitor band are moist with water and re-tighten the band around your chest. Be sure the sensors are in full contact with your skin.
- Band placement: Below pectoral muscles (or immediately below a sports bra strap), on the sternum.
2. After 30-45 seconds from the time it was disconnected, reattach the Heart Rate Monitor to the band via the snap connectors.