Peloton Bike Limited Warranty
Peloton Interactive, Inc.("Peloton") extends the following Limited Warranty, which applies only to non-commercial, in-home, indoor use of the Peloton Bike. Any other use of the Peloton Bike shall void this Limited Warranty. During the applicable Limited Warranty periods described below, the covered components of the Peloton Bike will be free of defects or malfunctions during normal use. Certain exclusions apply, as further described in this Limited Warranty.
The Limited Warranty applies for the following components of the Peloton Bike only, for the time period indicated. The Limited Warranty applies only against defects discovered within the applicable Limited Warranty period and only so long as the Peloton Bike remains in the possession of the original purchaser, or, for gifted Peloton Bikes, the owner of the original Subscription attached to that Peloton Bike.
HD TOUCHSCREEN: 12 MONTHS
Peloton warrants the touchscreen against defects in workmanship and materials for a period of 12 months from the date of original delivery.
FRAME: FIVE YEARS
Peloton warrants the frame(excluding any moving parts attached to the structural frame) against defects in workmanship and materials for a period of five years from the date of original delivery.
BIKE COMPONENTS: 12 MONTHS
Peloton warrants the components and all original parts of the Peloton Bike other than pedals, including its belt, brake resistance, crank shaft, seatpost, handlebars and water bottle holder, against defects in workmanship and materials for a period of 12 months from the date of original delivery.
BIKE PEDALS: 12 MONTHS
Peloton warrants the components and all original parts of the original pedals that come with the Peloton Bike against defects in workmanship and materials for a period of 12 months from the date of original delivery. Bike pedals are not warranted against normal wear and tear and it is important that you maintain the pedals by inspecting the pedals regularly for any damage, loose parts or other signs of wear and tear that could cause breakdowns or part failures.
Any pedal that shows signs of wear or damaged parts should be removed from service immediately. Please refer to Peloton’s guide on maintaining your pedals, available on Peloton’s website.
LABOR: 12 MONTHS
For Peloton Bikes originally assembled by an authorized Peloton technician, Peloton will cover the labor cost for the repair or replacement made under this Limited Warranty for a period of 12 months from the date of original delivery. Except where applicable law requires otherwise, repair labor is not covered for locations where Peloton did not originally assemble the Peloton Bike or if the Peloton Bike is moved to a location that is outside of Peloton's service area.
Exclusions and Limitations
Who and what is covered
: The original owner of the Peloton Bike. The Peloton Bike must remain in the possession
- of the original purchaser, or, for gifted Peloton Bikes, the owner of the original Subscription attached to that Peloton Bike. This Limited Warranty is not transferable.
- If a defect arises in the Peloton Bike or a warranted component within the applicable Limited Warranty period, the purchaser’s sole and exclusive remedy is for Peloton to, at Peloton’s discretion to the extent permitted by law, either replace or repair the defective or malfunctioning Peloton Bike or component with the same or a comparable model.
- Any replacement or repaired component shall be warranted for the remainder of the original Limited Warranty period or 30 days, whichever is longer, or for any additional period that is required by applicable law.
What is NOT covered:
- Any other Peloton products or services, non-Peloton products or labor, units that are, or that Peloton reasonably believes to be, stolen, counterfeit, or purchased from an unauthorized distributor or reseller, units purchased or used outside the U.S. or Canada, and units missing serial numbers.
- Software, even if sold with or embedded in the Peloton Bike, or Internet connectivity. Peloton does not warrant that the operation of the Peloton Bike will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- Damage or equipment failure due to normal wear and tear, improper or negligent assembly, maintenance, installation, relocation, or repair (other than that caused by a Peloton authorized service technician), use of the Peloton Bike with parts or accessories from third parties, or with parts or accessories not originally intended for or compatible with the Peloton Bike, or any use contrary to the instructions in the Peloton Guide.
- Damage or equipment failure due to accident, abuse, improper or abnormal use, neglect, corrosion, discoloration of paint or plastic (or any other change in cosmetic appearance that does not affect performance), theft, vandalism, fire, flood, wind, lightning, freezing or other natural disasters or acts of God of any kind, electrical wiring, power reduction, power fluctuation or power failure from whatever cause, unusual atmospheric conditions, collision, introduction of foreign objects, or modifications that are unauthorized or not recommended by Peloton.
- Incidental or consequential damages. Peloton is not responsible or liable for indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, economic loss, loss of property or profits, loss of enjoyment or use, or other consequential damages of any nature whatsoever in connection with the purchase, use, repair or maintenance of equipment or parts. Peloton does not provide monetary or other compensation for any such repairs or replacement parts costs, including but not limited to gym membership fees, work time lost, cost of substitute equipment, diagnostic visits, maintenance visits or transportation. Equipment used for commercial purposes or for any use other than a single family or household.
- Any attempt to move or repair fitness equipment creates a risk of injury and property damage. Peloton is not responsible or liable for any damage or injury incurred during, or as a result of, any move, repair or attempted repair of equipment by anyone other than a Peloton authorized service technician. All moves or repairs attempted by you or your agents are undertaken AT YOUR OWN RISK and Peloton shall have no liability for any injury to person or property arising from such attempted moves or repairs. In addition, labor may no longer be covered if you move outside of Peloton's service area.
- Where permitted by law, replacement units, parts and electronic components reconditioned to as-new condition by Peloton or its vendors may sometimes be supplied as warranty replacement and constitute fulfillment of warranty terms.
HOW TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE
- To be eligible for service under this Limited Warranty you must contact the Peloton Support team. You will be asked to provide Peloton with the serial number of your Peloton Bike and the dated receipt, or other proof of purchase indicating the date purchased, upon discovering any nonconformity or defect. Claims must be made within the specified warranty period.
Any disputes between you and Peloton related to this Limited Warranty or the Peloton Bike will be governed by the then-current dispute resolution procedures in Peloton’s Terms of Service, available at www.onepeloton.ca/terms-of-service.
*This limited warranty is the exclusive warranty given by Peloton and supersedes any prior, contrary or additional representations. All other warranties, express or implied, including any statutory warranty or condition of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, are disclaimed except to the extent prohibited by law. In such event, such warranty is limited to the duration of the warranty periods set forth above. This exclusion applies even if this warranty fails of its essential purposes and regardless of whether damages are sought for breach of warranty, breach of contract, negligence, or strict liability in tort or under any other legal theory. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other legal rights, which vary from state to state.