Cleaning the Peloton Row's seat and rail is important for maintaining optimal function and allowing for the Row to operate quietly during your workouts. Dust may collect on the Row's rail and result in an intermittent squeaking sound coming from the seat. This issue can be resolved through cleaning the Peloton Row's seat and rail.
To properly clean the Peloton Row seat and rail, please follow the instructions below:
Tool Needed: 6mm Allen Wrench
WARNING: Always unplug the Row prior to cleaning. After cleaning, make sure the power cord is free of any moisture before plugging it back in.
Removing the Seat and Rail
CAUTION: You will need the help of another person to disassemble and reassemble the Peloton Row.
1. Turn the power switch off and unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.
2. Make sure your area around the Row is clear of furniture, exercise equipment or anything else that may get in the way. Confirm that the handle is docked and everything is removed from the storage tray.
3. Open the rail bolt cover by sliding it towards the back of the Row. Using the 6mm Allen wrench, loosen the screw connecting the rail to the base. The screw should not come out completely.
4. Have another person gently lift the hub by the monitor arm to an appropriate height while the other person disconnects the rail. To disconnect the rail, carefully lift it up and pull it away from the base.
5. Set the base back on the floor until the Row is ready to be reassembled.
6. Using the 6mm Allen wrench, remove the seat stopper (a) from the rail. Then remove the gasket (b).
7. Remove the seat by sliding it off the front of the rail.
Cleaning the Seat and Rails
1. Clean both the top and bottom surfaces of the rail track thoroughly by pushing a cotton ball or cloth towel along the full length of the rail, from back to front.
2. Clean all the wheels thoroughly by using a damp cloth to remove any dust or debris. Do not use cleaning solutions as they may cause damage.
Reassembling the Row
1. After the rail and seat wheels are clean, reattach the seat to the rail. Make sure the Peloton “P” logo is closest to the rail foot.
2. Push the seat all the way to the end of the rail. Turn the rail on its side as shown below.
CAUTION: Failure to assemble the seat and gasket in the correct orientation can result in difficulty calibrating the Row upon restart.
1. Replace the seat stopper and use the 6 mm Allen wrench to tighten the bolt until snug.
2. Replace the gasket with the smooth side facing outward and the small circular hole positioned furthest from the seat stopper. Make sure this orientation is correct.
3. Turn the rail back upright. Have the other person gently lift the hub by the monitor arm until it is at a height where you can insert the rail. Carefully lift the rail with one hand on the rail foot and the other on the rail. Insert the rail fully into the base.
4. There should be no gap between the rail and the base. If a gap is present, disconnect the rail and repeat the step above.
5. Tighten the rail bolt clockwise with the 6mm Allen wrench until it is snug. Slide the protective cover over the bolt and ensure it is lying flat.
⚠ WARNING: Fully tighten rail bolt during assembly and before stowing the Row upright to prevent rail separation and risk of injury.
Standing the Row Upright
Standing the Row fully upright will allow you to know if you’ve installed the rail properly.
1. Tilt the monitor all the way down.
2. Move the seat all the way forward. Be careful not to pinch your fingers as the seat moves freely.
3. While firmly grasping the monitor arm with two hands, push down on the arm and squeeze the button on the underside to release the latch. Carefully lower the monitor arm until it stops, and then release the button. Slowly lift the monitor arm until you hear a click. Confirm that the monitor arm is locked into place before attempting to move the Peloton Row.
4. Lift the rail foot until you can reach the rail handle. Stand the Row fully upright. This will allow you to know if the rail has been installed correctly.
5. Return the Row to its horizontal position.
6. Plug in the power cord and turn on the Row using the power switch.