When your Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, or Tread+ arrives, your Delivery Technician will ask where you would like your Peloton product installed. Here are a couple of tips we’ve heard from our Members on where to place your Peloton in your home:
Check Your WiFi Speed
- Before finalizing your Peloton's location, we recommend running a speed test from a mobile device to confirm the area receives a consistent signal.
- To log into your Peloton and access your profile and content, the Peloton touchscreen must be connected to your network and successfully access the internet.
- We recommend a minimum connection speed of 10-15 Mbps download and 2.5 Mbps upload.
Confirm There Is Space/Room For Your Bike/Bike+
- With a compact 4’x2’ footprint, the Peloton Bike/Bike+ will fit into any room in your home. We recommend a minimum ceiling height of 8’ to ensure you have enough headroom for a smooth ride.
- With the purchase of the Peloton Bike/Bike+, we recommend installing a sports mat underneath to protect your floors.
- If you are installing your Bike/Bike+ on carpeted floors, the mat will add additional stability to help prevent your Bike from rocking as you ride.
- Members with thick pile carpeting recommend installing ¼” plywood underneath the mat to ensure a stable ride.
Confirm There Is Space/Room For Your Tread/Tread+
The Peloton Tread+ footprint is roughly 6’ L x 3’ W.
The Tread+ deck is approximately 11.5" at a 0% incline and 18" at max incline. The top of the screen reaches 6' at a 0% incline and 6'6" at max incline. We recommend the following based on user height:
- 7' ceiling best for 5'2" and under
- 7'6" ceiling best for 5'7" and under
- 8' ceiling best for 6'1" and under
- 9' ceiling suitable for all heights
We recommend you have at least 78.7" (6' 5") of clearance directly behind the Tread+ and 20” (1' 7") of clearance in front and on both the right and left sides of the Tread+.
Ensure The Bike/Bike+ Has Access To A Power Outlet
- The Peloton Bike/Bike+ comes with a 10-foot power adaptor which you can use to fit in any space.
- If the Bike is too far away from an outlet, we recommend using an extension cord to ensure consistent power.
- The power adapter uses a three-pronged plug and will work in a standard outlet in your home.
Ensure The Tread/Tread+ Has Access To A Power Outlet
- The Peloton Tread+ comes with a 6-foot power adaptor.
- If the Tread+ is too far away from an outlet, we recommend moving the Tread+ closer as we do not recommend using an extension cord.
- The power adaptor should never run underneath the Tread+.
- The power requirements for the Tread+ are: 120V, 60Hz, 15A dedicated circuit (U.S. only)
- Please note, a dedicated circuit is intended for use of a single appliance.