The Peloton Heart Rate Band uses an optical heart rate sensor. Please follow the guidance on placement to ensure greatest heart rate accuracy during your workouts. You may encounter momentary inaccuracies in heart rate reporting at the beginning of a class, but the Heart Rate Band should calibrate and reflect an accurate heart rate quickly thereafter.
Some issues that you may be experience with the Heart Rate Band include:
- Incorrect heart rate metrics
- Connection dropping mid-workout
- Unsuccessful pairing
- No lights appear on your device
If you experience any of the above issues, please consider the following things when troubleshooting your Heart Rate Band:
- Ensure your Heart Rate Pod is securely snapped into the Armband. The sensor on the bottom of the Heart Rate Pod should be on the same side as the stripes on the Armband.
- Confirm that you’re wearing the Heart Rate Band correctly on your forearm, at least 3 fingers-width away from your elbow. The Heart Rate Pod should be placed on the inside of the forearm.
- As with most optical heart rate monitors, device positioning and tattoos can impact the accuracy or reliability of heart rate readings. Please ensure the Heart Rate Pod is flat and placed on an area of the skin that is free of fabric and tattoos for the most accurate reading.
- Make sure your Heart Rate Band is fully charged. To confirm, firmly press the display to show the battery level which will appear as a range of white lights depending on the charge. If your Heart Rate Band is low on battery, place the Heart Rate Pod on the Pod Charger. You can also check your battery percentage in App Settings > Heart Rate Monitor.
- Make sure you’re close to the Peloton device (or phone, as applicable) when pairing. We recommend that the Heart Rate Band is within 30 ft of the device or phone for pairing and use.
- If the display is dark, press firmly to wake it. It will show the battery level, followed by blue lights to indicate that it’s in pairing mode. Once you see the multi-color/rainbow lights on your Heart Rate Band, you will know you have paired successfully.
- If you have paired your Heart Rate Band before, it should connect automatically. If you're pairing for the first time or manually disconnected the Heart Rate Band since the last time you used it, your device will prompt you to accept the connection.
- To confirm that your Heart Rate Band has been successfully paired, please reference the Pairing the Peloton Heart Rate Band article for the steps to successfully connect.
- If the Heart Rate Band does not charge or hold a charge:
- Check that the charging contacts on the bottom of the Heart Rate Band are clean.
- Try wiping with a shirt to make sure the contacts are clean.
- Hard reset the device by holding down the “button” for 20 seconds.
- NOTE: This should be a last resort.
If you continue to have issues with your Heart Rate Band:
- Power Cycle: Press and hold the display for 5 seconds to power off the device. You will feel a vibration prior to the device turning off. Once completely off, press the display to power on and restart your device.
- Device Reset: Hold the display for 20 seconds. You will feel 3 vibrations prior to the device resetting.
*Please note performing a device reset restores your Heart Rate Band to its original settings.
If you’re still experiencing issues with your Peloton Heart Rate band, please contact our Member Support Team by clicking here.