Peloton is adding the ability for Members to pause on-demand workouts on Bikes and Treads. Members will be able to pause classes for any fitness discipline during the class itself, but not during pre-start or post-class. Pausing is not available for Live classes, Encores, Sessions, Just Ride/Run, or Scenic.
How It Works
To pause a workout, tap the screen to display a button then hold the pause button to confirm.
Once a workout pauses:
- Your rank will be removed but you will still be visible on the Here Now Leaderboard.
- Pausing a workout will remove your rank, but you will remain ordered by your total output on the Leaderboard—your rank will pass to the next Member that hasn’t paused.
- Video, timeline, and aggregate metrics will all freeze.
- High fives will still be received and can be responded to once the workout is resumed.
- You can pause your workout as many times as you would like for up to 60 minutes. Once you have passed 60 minutes, the pause button will fade and the class will resume.
- Pausing a workout is reflected in the workout history.
- Paused workouts can still earn personal records and achievements.
- Will not impact streaks, challenges, badges, etc.
- Leaderboard rank is removed with a notification indicating it was because the workout was paused.
- Does not stop the Tread belt, Members should stop the belt prior to pausing the video.
- Tread Lock will kick in after 45 seconds of inactivity and the tread belt speed is 0.