Caring For Your Tread
The safety and integrity of the Peloton Tread can only be maintained when regularly examined for damage and repaired when necessary.
Always power down and unplug the Tread before cleaning or performing maintenance.
It is the owner’s sole responsibility to ensure that regular maintenance is performed. Replace worn or damaged parts immediately. Use only original parts from Peloton.
Do not use the Tread until necessary repairs are made. Service other than the procedures described here must be performed by an authorized technician.
Changes or modifications to the Tread not expressly approved by Peloton could void the Limited Home Use Warranty.
- Clean Tread surfaces.
- Check power cord for damage.
- Clean the area underneath the Tread.
- Check the entire Tread for wear and damage.
- Test the safety key by pulling it out while walking on the Tread.
- Make sure the belt is centered.
- Wipe down your touchscreen using only an approved electronic cleaner (one made specifically for use with LCD, Plasma, or other flatscreens) and a microfiber cloth.
- You do not have to shut down the Tread/Tread+ after each use, as the touchscreen will automatically go into sleep mode after an extended idle period. We recommend that you restart the touchscreen every so often to ensure the software can properly update.
Please see our product manual page for additional maintenance instructions on caring for your Tread.
Safety Key Maintenance
- The area surrounding the safety key and safety key opening should be kept dry and free from moisture. Please refrain from using any liquid cleaners around the area. If the safety key, safety key opening, or surrounding area is exposed to liquid (including cleaners, sweat, or drinks) or appears wet or moist, it is important to dry the safety key and the surrounding area immediately.
- After the area has been dried from a spill or exposure to moisture, please test the safety key by pulling it out while walking on the Tread to ensure that the safety key is still working properly. If it is not and you require a replacement safety key, please contact our Member Support Team immediately by clicking here.
Tread Shedding Black Shavings
Black shavings or black dust are common with the Peloton Tread.
Over time, these specks will disappear. Please make sure that you follow the necessary steps to clean your Peloton, as it is essential to keep your product clean and maintained.
For more on Tread maintenance, please click here.