GymKit is an Apple® platform that allows you to connect your Apple® Watch to the Peloton Bike+.
While the latest Peloton Product software updates use One-Tap Apple® Watch Tracking, GymKit may be used if these updates have not yet been made. Please see below for more information on how to use GymKit (compatible with Apple® Watch Series 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6).
Enabling GymKit for Your Apple® Watch
- Open the Apple® Watch App on your iPhone.
- Open the Workout App.
- Scroll down and enable “Detect Gym Equipment”.
Pairing Your Apple Watch to the Bike+
- Select a Peloton Cycling class (live or on-demand).
- For a live class: Please wait until the countdown clock is at 1 minute to pair the watch (otherwise the watch will time out and disconnect). For an on-demand class: Select the class and click “Start” on the pop-up menu to enter the class.
- Touch/Tap/Place the unlocked Apple® Watch to face to the left of the camera at the top of the touchscreen. The Watch will vibrate and an on-screen prompt will say "connecting’" You must click “OK” on your Apple® Watch to accept the connection.
- Click “Start” on the workout. A small green symbol will appear at the top right of the touchscreen indicating the connection is active. The Apple® Watch will automatically disconnect at the end of the ride.
Please note that this feature is only available for cycling classes, and is not currently available for Bike+ bootcamps.