Ready for a gamified workout experience? Immerse yourself in Peloton Lanebreak, a gaming-inspired workout on the Bike, Bike+, and Tread. Select your level, difficulty, and favorite music - and ride or run like never before.
In Lanebreak, users must match and sustain their workout metrics according to the cues on the touchscreen. The more you can match your metrics, the higher your score!
What Is Lanebreak?
In Lanebreak on the Bike/Bike+, riders race along a six-lane track using a virtual wheel they control with their cadence and resistance via the resistance knob. On the Tread, users will control their virtual wheel using the incline and speed knobs as they race along the Lanebreak track.
Along the track, users will encounter various objects, called Moments, placed strategically in each lane. Moments are based on the workout goals and intensity of the song - creating a need for cadence, resistance, incline, or speed changes to pass.
Starting a Lanebreak Workout
To begin Lanebreak, navigate to the "More Rides" or "More Runs" tab on the bottom of your touchscreen. You will see a screen with options to choose from Just Ride, Scenic Ride, and Peloton Lanebreak on the Bike/Bike+ and Just Run, Scenic Run, and Peloton Lanebreak on the Tread. From there, select "Play" on the Peloton Lanebreak option.
Choose your track lane via the resistance knob on the Bike/Bike+ and the incline knob on the Tread. Each of the six lanes features its own Leaderboard based on resistance ranges to motivate you and provide you with a healthy dose of competition with your fellow Members!
Tread Navigation Notes
- Rolling the Tread incline knob forward will increase the incline and move the wheel to the right.
- Rolling the Tread incline knob backward will decrease your incline and move the wheel to the left.
Getting the Highest Score
Peloton Lanebreak includes mechanics for users to redeem points and challenge other Members on the Leaderboard.
To track individual progress, users are challenged to successfully complete most of the level’s Moments in order to get three full stars during each level.
- Bike/Bike+: Change lanes and pick up Beats by raising your resistance via the resistance knob. The higher your resistance, the higher your score.
- Tread: Change lanes via the incline knob and score points by being in the correct lane and maintaining a speed above 1 mph.
- Bike/Bike+: Maintain your cadence within a target range to increase your score. (Note: You must stay within the target cadence range to earn points. Going slower or faster will not result in any points.)
- Tread: Score points by maintaining your speed within the range as indicated by mph.
- Bike/Bike+: Push your speed to elevate your output and earn bonus points when you come upon yellow stretches of the track.
- Tread: Increase your speed along stretches of the track to fill up the Breaker meter to 100% or earn bonus points by pushing the meter higher!
Lanebreak on the Peloton Tread features two additional Moments:
Hills: Stay in the lane without manually adjusting your incline knob to score points. If you have enabled auto-incline, the incline will adjust once the hill begins and will adjust according to the hill displayed on the track.
Blasts: Maintain your speed within the indicated ranges throughout consecutive sections of the track.
To learn more about Peloton Lanebreak, check out our blog post on Peloton's official blog, The Output!