Enabling Bluetooth on Your Touchscreen
If your heart rate monitor is Bluetooth compatible, you will need to enable Bluetooth on your touchscreen in order to connect them.
If Bluetooth is turned off, you will see the screen below. Please ensure the Bluetooth option is turned on before attempting to connect.
If your heart rate monitor is not Bluetooth compatible, please ensure it is ANT+ compatible as the Peloton touchscreen can also connect with ANT+ compatible heart rate monitors.
Connecting Your Heart Rate Monitor
Prior to attempting these instructions, please confirm you have properly attached and positioned your heart rate monitor, according to the device's instructions.
1. To connect your heart rate monitor, navigate to the Heart Rate Monitor connection modal. You can find the modal by joining a class or by tapping on the time in the top right-hand corner of the touchscreen and selecting 'Heart Rate Monitor'.
|In Class Modal||Heart Rate Monitor Modal|
2. Select the “Connect” button located next to the desired heart rate monitor. There is no need to connect heart rate monitors in Bluetooth settings.
- Bluetooth devices will show a device name; e.g., Peloton, Cardiosport, RHYTHM
- ANT+ devices will show a device ID; e.g., Device:12345
3. Ensure your heart rate monitor is on for the app to discover the heart rate monitor. If the heart rate monitor is not displaying on the list, tap the refresh button on the top-right of “Set Up Heart Rate Monitor” screen.
4. After connecting the heart rate monitor device, join any class to see the metric for your heart rate in the upper left-hand corner on your screen.
If you have trouble connecting your heart rate monitor, ensure that your heart rate monitor is not currently connected with any other devices. If you continue to have trouble with your heart rate monitor, the battery on the monitor may need to be replaced. Some known devices that work are:
- Peloton Heart Rate Monitor
- Bluetooth compatible Polar heart rate sensor straps
- Wahoo Tickr straps
If you have any trouble with your heart rate monitor, please you can contact our Support Team here.