Before powering off the Tread+ for cleaning, set the incline to 2% or higher to allow access to the area underneath the Tread+. Always power off and unplug the Tread+ before cleaning.
Weekly: Clean Tread+ surfaces, check power cord for damage, clean the area underneath the Tread+.
Monthly: Check the entire Tread+ for wear and damage. Test the safety key by pulling it out while walking on the Tread+.
- Clean surfaces with a damp cloth and mild, soapy water.
- Never use abrasive cleaners.
- Never spray or pour liquid directly on Tread+ surfaces.
- Never allow liquid to drip between the slats or into any other opening on the Tread+.
- The storage compartment cloth is non-removable but you can clean it with a damp cloth.
Please note: The Peloton Tread+ belt slats are coated in natural rubber, which has a distinctive smell. This smell will fade over time, but you can get rid of it more quickly by leaving windows open to circulate air in the Tread+ area and cleaning the slat belt frequently with a cloth dampened with mild soapy water.
- Wipe down your touchscreen using only an approved electronic cleaner (one made specifically for use with LCD, Plasma, or other flatscreens) and a microfiber cloth.
- You do not have to shut down the Tread+ after each use, as the screen will automatically go into sleep mode after an extended idle period. We recommend that you restart the touchscreen every so often to ensure the software can properly update.