The purpose of this article is to show you how to activate your Peloton bike. Here are a couple of tips to know before you start:
- The Peloton bike subscription can only be activated from the Peloton bike.
- Activating your bike takes about 5-10 minutes and is straightforward to complete.
- Once your Peloton bike is delivered and powered on, your technician is only responsible for the hardware installation of your bike. You will be responsible for entering your wireless details and account information.
- At the end of the process, you can view the Peloton 101 video series, which will go over adjusting the bike to fit you and how to clip in for the first time.
IMPORTANT: You will receive an email before your bike arrives titled ‘How to prepare for your upcoming bike delivery’, which you can use to complete the creation of your account. To activate your Peloton bike:
1) Select your timezone.
2) Select your wireless network. If you receive an ‘Authentication Error’ then your wireless password may be incorrect. We recommend checking your network password and trying again
If you run into issues connecting your Peloton bike to your wireless network, please read our article on Troubleshooting Peloton Touchscreen Internet Connectivity.
If you are using Ethernet instead of connecting to your wireless network, please ensure that the Ethernet setting is turned ON. You can verify this by tapping on the time (on the top-right corner), selecting Settings, selecting Ethernet, and toggling Ethernet ON. Afterward, tap on the Peloton logo at the bottom of the screen.
3) After you connect to your network, the latest software will begin to download. The update should take 2-5 minutes to download and install depending on the strength of your wireless connection.
4) To activate your subscription, log in to your bike with the email that was used to make your purchase. Please make sure you have your login information readily available. If you did not set your password yet, you can either request a password reset through your touchscreen or reset it here.
5) Select your subscription and tap ‘Activate Bike’. If you have purchased multiple bikes, select a different subscription for each bike. If you are having trouble activating your subscription, it is likely that your settings are inaccurate and you’ll need to do check that your date and time are entered correctly on the touchscreen.
To do so, check that the time and date are correct on the touchscreen. To check this, tap on the time in the top right-hand corner and select ‘Settings’ and tap ‘Date and Time’. From here, turn off "Automatic date & Time" then ensure your date, time zone, and time are all correct. Once all this information is correct, please press the Peloton "P" logo at the bottom of the screen to return to the activation screen.
6) Name your bike. You can select any name you would like.
7) Add a username and your personal details. Your username needs to be unique to you and will display on the leaderboard when you are in a class. You may have already added this information previously on your web profile. From this screen, you can also link your Facebook profile to easily share your rides with friends. Once you have added your information, tap ‘Looks good’.
8) You can now add other riders to your Peloton bike. If you do not add other riders now, here are instructions on how to add another rider after you activate your bike. If you do not need to add any additional riders, you can tap on your profile picture to get started.
9) Peloton 101 will start to play. This is a series of videos that outline how to adjust your bike for a more comfortable ride. If you would like to bypass Peloton 101 and go for your first ride, tap ‘Get Started’.
Your Peloton bike is now activated! You are now ready to go for your first ride.