When your Peloton bike arrives, your delivery technician will ask where you would like your bike installed. Here are a couple of tips we’ve heard from our members on where to place your bike in your home:
Check your WiFi speed
- Before finalizing your bike’s location, we recommend running a speed test from a mobile device to confirm the area receives a consistent signal.
- To log into your Peloton bike and access your profile and content, the Peloton touchscreen must be connected to your network and successfully access the internet.
- We recommend a minimum connection speed of 10-15 Mbps download and 2.5 Mbps upload.
Confirm there is space/room for your bike
- With a compact 4’x2’ footprint, the Peloton bike will fit into any room in your home. We recommend a minimum ceiling height of 8’ to ensure you have enough headroom for a smooth ride.
- With the purchase of the bike, we recommend installing a sports mat underneath your bike to protect your floors.
- If you are installing your bike on carpeted floors, the mat will add additional stability to help prevent your bike from rocking as you ride.
- Members with thick pile carpeting recommend installing ¼” plywood underneath the mat to ensure a stable ride.
Make sure the bike has access to a power outlet
- The Peloton bike comes with a 10-foot power adaptor which you can use to fit in any space.
- If the bike is too far away from an outlet, we recommend using an extension cord to ensure consistent power.
- The power adapter uses a three-pronged plug and will work in a standard outlet in your home.