At Peloton, we’re committed to providing the best, most immersive, and accessible experience for our Members.
TalkBack, a screen reader developed by Google, allows Members to receive spoken feedback from the Bike touchscreen.
TalkBack allows Members to have their metrics (cadence, resistance, output) read to them when they tap on the touchscreen.
This feature is currently only available on the Peloton Bike and coming soon to the Bike+. We hope to introduce this feature to the Peloton Tread in the future.
Find out more in our blog post.
There are (2) ways to activate the feature. Turn on the feature by using the volume buttons or navigate through Device Settings.
Method 1: Volume Keys
- Hold the volume buttons for 3 seconds.
The first time you try this, you may need to confirm this setup in a confirmation modal.
Method 2: Settings
- Tap the "Settings" button on the top right corner of the touchscreen.
- Proceed to "Device Settings" and locate "Accessibility".
- Select “TalkBack” and toggle on/off.
We recommend adjusting the following settings:
- Toggle off TalkBack suspend and resume option, this will make the volume button shortcut easier to use.
- Toggle on Audio Ducking, this reduces the class playback volume while TalkBack is speaking so that you can easily hear the screen reader.
To adjust these settings, proceed to "Device Settings" located in the top right corner of the touchscreen. Then, select "Accessibility" followed by "Settings".
- Every 90 seconds, the metrics will be read automatically as long as the metrics menu is open.
- If you close the metrics bar announcements will stop.
- You no longer have to tap their screen to have their metrics read.
- A TalkBack tutorial is available on the Bike touchscreen.
- Proceed to Device Settings located on the top right of the screen.
- Locate "Accessibility" and tap on "Settings".
- A navigation bar is available on the bottom of most views. This navigation bar includes a "Classes" button that you can use to navigate to the Classes view.
- The Classes view has class thumbnails arranged in a grid. You can also filter options to help you select a class.
- When you select a class thumbnail, you will navigate to the class's details view with more information about the class. Select the START button to initiate your class.
At Peloton, we are committed to providing the best, most immersive, and accessible experience for our Members. We are continually modifying and updating our platforms and content to ensure that all of our Members can reach their personal goals regardless of their individual abilities.
For more information on recent updates on accessibility, please visit our accessibility page.
We’re Here to Listen
If you have any questions or concerns with the accessibility of our website, apps, or products, or if you have feedback or ideas about improving the usability or accessibility of our services, please email us at email@example.com.