Please Note: The following information is intended to be used as a guide only. Peloton is in no way affiliated with or responsible for any secondary sales of Peloton Bikes or memberships on third-party platforms, and does not sponsor or endorse any secondary marketplace. Please be aware that if you purchase a used Peloton Bike from a third-party, the limited warranty, which comes included with every Bike purchased directly from Peloton, is not transferable.
Where can I buy a used Peloton Bike or Bike+?
You can purchase a Peloton Certified Refurbished Bike through eBay here.
While we do not endorse any particular third-party e-commerce platform (or help with the process) other than the sale of our own certified refurbished products, below are examples where current Members have purchased a used Peloton Bike. Please note that your participation in any of these or other marketplaces is at your own risk.
- Local Online Marketplace (e.g., Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace)
- National Online Marketplace (e.g. eBay)
- Unofficial “Peloton Buy Sell Trade” Facebook Group. Please note this page is not in any way affiliated with Peloton.
- In-person (e.g., family members, friends, neighbours)
How much should I pay for a used Peloton Bike?
Resellers determine their own prices. Resale prices often vary depending on characteristics such as condition and age.
How should I assess the condition of a used Peloton Bike?
Test ride the Bike in person, if you can. If you can’t, reviewing videos is better than pictures, especially via a video call. Here are some things you should take into consideration when deciding whether to purchase a second-hand Peloton Bike or Bike+.
Check that all components are present and authentic.
- Make sure that the seat and pedals are authentic Peloton equipment. Look for the Peloton Logo on the top of the seat and the Peloton wordmark on the top of the pedals.
- Check for labels, so you can have access to the Bike’s serial number and identifying information, should you ever need to call in a repair or service call. You should find a warning label and a product label.
- The serial number label can be located in one of the following three places:
- The product label is attached to the inner surface of the bottom of the front fork.
- The warning label is attached to the front stabilizer.
|Product Label Location||Warning Label Location|
- Bike+: The serial number label is located inside the front fork
Make sure the Bike is well cared for and free of damage.
- The Bike should be clean, and free of sweat, residue, and dust.
- All levers or knobs should turn freely and shouldn't show signs of over-tightening such as stress marks, cracks, or stripped threads.
- The cables and power cord should be free of damage and connections should be secure.
- The screen should have no chips or cracks.
- Ask when the pedals were last replaced. Peloton recommends that they be replaced every year.
- Ask how many repairs, if any, the Bike has had.
Check the version of the Tablet. Peloton no longer offers feature updates for the first generation of tablets.
- First-generation touchscreen serial numbers start with “7201”. You can find the serial number on the label on the back of the touchscreen.
- The latest version of the Tablet is available for purchase on the Peloton website, and Owners of first-generation tablets are eligible for a discount.
Assess how much the Bike has been used by asking the seller.
- Is the seller the first owner of the Bike (can they provide proof of purchase)?
- What is the activation date of the Bike?
- How many people have regularly used it?
- How many workouts have been taken on the Bike?
Can the seller transfer the Bike warranty to me?
Neither Bike and Bike+ Limited Warranties, nor Peloton Service Plans are transferable to secondary owners. See here for more information about Peloton Service Plans.
Can I purchase a Service Plan if I am the second owner?
No, only the original owner is eligible to purchase a Service Plan.
How do I go about moving the Bike?
Here are relocation tips that provide more information about how to safely dis-assemble and move your Bike.
Do I need to calibrate my used Bike or Bike+ after I've purchased it?
Your Bike should not need to be calibrated. If you have any concerns about your Bike’s metrics, please reach out to Member Support at +44 (0) 808 169 6469.
How do I activate my new Membership?
Please see here for instructions on setting up your account and activating your Bike. In order to ensure a smooth activation process after you purchase a used Peloton Bike, please make sure the previous owner has cleared the device history via Settings > System > Factory Reset.
Looking to sell a used Peloton Bike instead? Click here for more information.