Calibrating Your Peloton Bike
Calibrating your Peloton Bike is a simple process. If you are experiencing resistance issues and believe your Bike in need of calibration, please start a chat with our Member Support Team for a calibration kit by clicking here.
To calibrate your Bike, you will need the calibration kit, a Phillips head screwdriver, and the 3mm and 4mm Allen keys from your Bike’s toolkit.
Once you receive your calibration kit, please follow the steps below or view the instructional video by clicking here.
- Remove the water bottle holder and sweat guard using a Phillips head screwdriver, 3mm and 4mm Allen keys.
- On the console, tap the 3 dots on the bottom right corner and then tap “About.”
- In the box that appears, tap the top right hand corner 10-20 times until a sensor calibration screen appears.
You will now see a screen that says “Welcome to Sensor Calibration!”
- Tap “Get Started.” Turn the resistance knob all the way to the left and tap calibrate.
- Once you see the min resistance calibration, tap calibrate max resistance and turn all the way to the right.
- When complete, tap done and turn the knob all the way to the left.
- Place the calibration wedge tool in between the 2nd and 3rd magnets on the flywheel and turn the knob to rest on the wedge.
- Remove the wedge tool and place both white disks under the resistance knob.
- Ensure that the lines on both pieces match up and are facing the neck of the Bike.
- Tap “next” on the screen to begin the 31-step calibration.
- Press “set” and turn the knob in quarter turn increments until calibration is complete.
- Power off the screen and unplug the Bike. Replace the water bottle cups and front protection guard.
Then try out a class and check if the resistance and cadence levels have successfully updated and read as accurate.
Calibrating Your Peloton Bike+
The Peloton Bike+ is powered by a digitally-controlled resistance brake system that auto-calibrates and has a load cell sensor that measures output separately.
This is an elevation of our pioneering technology of the original Peloton Bike. Both the Bike and Bike+ provide an incredible workout with all the metrics that you’ve come to expect with our first-class cardio experience.
The Peloton Bike continues to utilize the mechanical resistance adjustment for quiet, fast, and seamless resistance changes—while the new digitized experience on the Peloton Bike+ allows you to achieve the next level of immersion with automatic adjustments to instructor cues.
The brake is constantly learning and adapting as you ride and change resistance. The Bike+ will automatically calibrate upon first use. It will also go through a process called “Homing” on every power cycle which helps locate the brake. We do not recommend additional calibrations.