Calibrating Your Peloton Bike
Calibrating your Peloton Bike is a simple process. If you are experiencing resistance issues and believe your Bike in need of calibration, please start a chat with our Member Support Team for a calibration kit by clicking here.
To calibrate your Bike, you will need the calibration kit, a Phillips head screwdriver, and the 3mm and 4mm Allen keys from your Bike’s toolkit.
Once you receive your calibration kit, please follow the steps below to calibrate your Bike:
- Remove the water bottle holder and sweat guard using a Phillips head screwdriver, 3mm and 4mm Allen keys.
- On the console, tap the 3 dots on the bottom right corner and then tap “About.”
- In the box that appears, tap the top right hand corner 10-20 times until a sensor calibration screen appears.
You will now see a screen that says “Welcome to Sensor Calibration!”
- Tap “Get Started.” Turn the resistance knob all the way to the left and tap calibrate.
- Once you see the min resistance calibration, tap calibrate max resistance and turn all the way to the right.
- When complete, tap done and turn the knob all the way to the left.
- Place the calibration wedge tool in between the 2nd and 3rd magnets on the flywheel and turn the knob to rest on the wedge.
- Remove the wedge tool and place both white disks under the resistance knob.
- Ensure that the lines on both pieces match up and are facing the neck of the Bike.
- Tap “next” on the screen to begin the 31-step calibration.
- Press “set” and turn the knob in quarter turn increments until calibration is complete.
- Power off the screen and unplug the Bike. Replace the water bottle cups and front protection guard.
Then try out a class and check if the resistance and cadence levels have successfully updated and read as accurate.
Calibrating Your Peloton Bike+
The Peloton Bike+ is powered by a digitally-controlled resistance brake system that auto-calibrates and has a load cell sensor that measures output separately.
This is an elevation of our pioneering technology of the original Peloton Bike. Both the Bike and Bike+ provide an incredible workout with all the metrics that you’ve come to expect with our first-class cardio experience.
The Peloton Bike continues to utilize the mechanical resistance adjustment for quiet, fast, and seamless resistance changes—while the new digitized experience on the Peloton Bike+ allows you to achieve the next level of immersion with automatic adjustments to instructor cues.
The brake is constantly learning and adapting as you ride and change resistance. The Bike+ will automatically calibrate upon first use. It will also go through a process called “Homing” on every power cycle which helps locate the brake. We do not recommend additional calibrations.