Clearing the cache on your touchscreen can sometimes increase the touchscreen's performance. This often affects new devices pairing, displaying, or even the newest updates installing properly.
When Should You Clear the Cache
- If you are unable to successfully pair a new Bluetooth device, in addition to resetting your Bluetooth device and setting it to pairing mode, you may find it useful to clear the cache.
- If you purchase a new Heart Rate Monitor or your current monitor is not displaying since your last ride, you can often correct this by clearing the device cache.
- If you encounter the error, ENOSPC, clearing your cache will allow the newest download to complete.
How to Clear the Cache
- Tap "settings" in the top right-hand corner of your touchscreen to open the menu
- Tap "Device settings" then scroll and select "Storage"
- Tap "Cached data" and then "OK" to clear the cache
- Power down your device by holding the power button for 10 seconds, then turn it back on
- Attempt to contact your Bluetooth device again
If you are still experiencing problems, please contact our support team on +44 808 169 6469