Clearing the cache on your touchscreen can sometimes increase the touchscreen's performance. This often affects new devices pairing, displaying, or even the newest updates installing properly.
When Should You Clear the Cache
- If you are unable to successfully pair a new Bluetooth device, in addition to resetting your Bluetooth device and setting it to pairing mode, you may find it useful to clear the cache.
- If you purchase a new Heart Rate Monitor or your current monitor is not displaying since your last ride, you can often correct this by clearing the device cache.
- If you encounter the error, ENOSPC, clearing your cache will allow the newest download to complete.
How to Clear the Cache
- Power off your touchscreen by holding the power button on top and selecting “Shutdown.”
- Once the touchscreen is powered off, hold the Volume Up button and the power button until the Peloton logo appears, at that point you can let go. This will start your touchscreen in Recovery Mode.
- Use the volume buttons to navigate to “wipe cache partition” and use the power button to select it.
- Once the partition has been cleared, select “reboot system now.”