If your Bike’s seat slider becomes stuck or damaged and other troubleshooting steps don’t fix the issue, you may need to replace the seat slider. Replacing the Bike’s seat slider is an easy process!
You will need a 13mm combination wrench or the wrench from your Bike’s toolkit, a Phillips head screwdriver, and a 4mm hex bit for this replacement.
To replace your Bike’s seat slider, please follow the steps below:
- Remove any weights from the weight holders.
- Make a note of the seat depth setting so that you can set it correctly later.
- Loosen one of the seat fixing nuts with a 13mm combination wrench or the wrench from the toolkit. Remove the seat.
- Using a 4mm hex bit, remove the two bolts on each side of the seat slider to remove the weight holder.
- Keep the screws and washer together.
- Completely remove the L-handle and remove the screw from the seat post end cap with a Phillips head screwdriver.
- Hold down the metal pin and pull off the seat post end cap.
- Slide the seat slider off the seat post and replace it with a new part.
- Install the L-handle and seat post end cap, snapping it into place.
- Return the screw to the end cap.
- Install the weight holders with a 4mm hex bit and replace the saddle.
You have now successfully replaced the seat slider! Remember to adjust your seat settings to your personal preference before your next ride. We can’t wait to see you back on the Leaderboard!