One-Tap Apple WatchⓇ Tracking
One-Tap Apple Watch Tracking is bringing the Apple Watch to all Peloton devices in the Peloton. This is a non-competitive metric that measures the intensity of a workout. From the Peloton Bike to the Tread, to the floor, One-Tap Apple Watch Tracking tracks how much time you spend in each heart rate zone to show how you’re working in every workout. The goal is to give Peloton Members an easy way to compare their performance across workouts through a simple and seamless integration of services
Once a compatible Apple Watch is connected, you’ll begin to see your heart rate displayed on your Peloton device or iOS platform as you work out. .
Instant Apple Watch Tracking will be available to all Members with an All-Access Membership and a compatible Apple Watch/iPhone in the following territories:
The new feature will be available for the:
- Peloton Bike
- Peloton Bike+
- Peloton Tread
- Peloton Tread+
- iPhone/iPad (iOS)
- Apple Watch (WatchOS)
- Apple iOS 14 or higher
- Latest iOS Peloton app version
- WatchOS 7 or higher
- Latest Peloton Bike or Tread app version
Common Troubleshooting Steps
- Your phone must be nearby.
- Make sure both Bluetooth® wireless technology and wifi are enabled on your device.
- Check that your phone and Bike/Tread/compatible Apple device are on the same user profile.
- Make sure your watch is fastened securely on your wrist.
- Make sure you’ve allowed the proper HealthKit permissions.
- Ensure that you’ve downloaded the Peloton App to your Apple Watch. Steps to download the Peloton App to your Apple Watch can be found here.
When to use One-Tap Tracking vs. Apple GymKit®?
For Members who have not yet run the latest software. Bike+ will still utilise GymKit just as cycling tracking has functioned in the past.
With the new software update, Members can use either GymKit or One-Tap tracking with the Peloton App on their Apple Watch.
The new Peloton App update allows you to connect your Apple Watch with workouts across all disciplines and on all Peloton hardware, including the Bike, Bike+, Tread, and Tread+, and the Peloton App, when used on an iOS device.
*One Tap Apple WatchⓇ Tracking does not use Bluetooth® wireless technology and does not need to be connected via settings/pair new devices screen. In order to begin using One-Tap Instant Tracking. Start a class on your iPhone, iPad, Tread, Tread+, Bike or Bike+ and then open the Peloton App on your Apple WatchⓇ. If you have granted all appropriate permissions to the Peloton app. The connection will appear automatically after opening the app.
*Initial setup of One-Tap Instant Tracking must be performed from an iPhone and Apple WatchⓇ in order for the feature to function. Once the Peloton App and Apple WatchⓇ App are set up by allowing permissions and installing the latest version. You can then launch a class from any device you are signed into with your All-Access Membership.
Why is my Apple Watch® displaying this symbol?
If you see a heart with a line through it, your Apple Watch® is having trouble accessing your heart rate. Either:
- Your band is not tight enough and the Apple Watch cannot read your heart rate.
- Your permissions are incorrect and Peloton cannot access your heart rate.
- Make sure your iOS and Watch app software is up to date.
- Make sure your Watch is secured tightly on the top of your wrist.
- Tap end on your Watch to stop tracking the workout on your Watch and you should be able to see your active workout and be able to tap connect to start tracking again.
- If you are still having trouble, confirm that your health permissions are correct by going through the Watch setup steps in the Peloton App settings. Make sure you enable all health permissions. You may need to close your app and relaunch it for these to apply
- If this doesn't, help delete your Peloton Watch app, download it again, and go through the setup steps.
Confirm that your health permissions are setup. Open the Apple Health app and follow the steps below.