Your rights under the Australian Consumer Law
Our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. For major failures with the service, you are entitled:
• to cancel your service contract with us; and
• to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value.
You are also entitled to choose a refund or replacement for major failures with goods. If a failure with the goods or a service does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. If this is not done you are entitled to a refund for the goods and to cancel the contract for the service and obtain a refund of any unused portion. You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the goods or
The rights described in this Peloton Bike Limited Warranty are in addition to the rights to which you may be entitled under the Australian Consumer Law and other Australian consumer protection laws and regulations.
What is covered by this Limited Warranty?
Peloton Interactive Australia Pty Ltd . (“Peloton”) extends the following Limited Warranty, which applies only to non-commercial, in-home, indoor use of the Peloton Bike. Any other use of the Peloton Bike shall void this Limited Warranty. During the applicable Limited Warranty periods described below, the covered components of the Peloton Bike will be free of defects or malfunctions during normal use. Certain exclusions apply, as further described in this Limited Warranty.
The Limited Warranty applies for the following components of the Peloton Bike only, for the time period indicated. The Limited Warranty applies only against defects discovered within the applicable Limited Warranty period.
HD Touchscreen – 12 Months. Peloton warrants the touchscreen against defects in workmanship and materials for a period of 12 months from the date of original delivery.
Frame – Five Years. Peloton warrants the frame (excluding any moving parts attached to the structural frame) against defects in workmanship and materials for a period of five years from the date of original delivery.
Bike Components – 12 Months. Peloton warrants the components and all original parts of the Peloton Bike other than pedals, including its belt, brake resistance, crankshaft, seat post, handlebars and water bottle holder, against defects in workmanship and materials for a period of 12 months from the date of original delivery.
Bike Pedals – 12 Months. Peloton warrants the components and all original parts of the original pedals that come with the Peloton Bike against defects in workmanship and materials for a period of 12 months from the date of original delivery. Bike pedals are not warranted against normal wear and tear and it is important that you maintain the pedals by inspecting the pedals regularly for any damage, loose parts or other signs of wear and tear that could cause breakdowns or part failures. Any pedal that shows signs of worn or damaged parts should be removed from service immediately. Please refer to Peloton’s guide on maintaining your pedals, available on Peloton’s website.
Labour – 12 Months. For Peloton Bikes originally assembled by an authorised Peloton technician, Peloton will cover the labour cost for the repair or replacement made under this Limited Warranty for a period of 12 months from the date of original delivery. Without excluding, restricting or modifying any rights or remedies to which you may be entitled under the Australian Consumer Law or other applicable law, repair labour is not covered for locations where Peloton did not originally assemble the Peloton Bike or if the Peloton Bike is moved to a location that is outside of Peloton’s delivery area as determined by the Peloton postcode delivery tool.
Who is covered by this Limited Warranty?
This Limited Warranty covers the original purchaser of the Peloton Bike or, for gifted Peloton Bikes, the owner of the original Subscription attached to that Peloton Bike. Without excluding, restricting or modifying any rights or remedies to which you may be entitled under the Australian Consumer Law or other applicable law, any other person in possession of the Peloton Bike is not covered by this Limited Warranty.
What is NOT covered by this Limited Warranty?
- This Limited Warranty does not apply to: Any other Peloton products or services not expressly referred to under the heading “What is covered by this Limited Warranty?” above, non-Peloton products or labour, units that are, or that Peloton reasonably believes to be, stolen, counterfeit, or purchased from an unauthorised distributor or reseller, units purchased or used outside Australia, and units missing serial numbers.
- Software, even if sold with or embedded in the Peloton Bike, or Internet connectivity. Peloton does not warrant that the operation of the Peloton Bike will be uninterrupted or error-free.
- Damage or equipment failure due to normal wear and tear, improper or negligent assembly, maintenance, installation, relocation, or repair (other than that caused by a Peloton authorised service technician), use of the Peloton Bike with parts or accessories from third parties, or with parts or accessories not originally intended for or compatible with the Peloton Bike, or any use contrary to the instructions in the Peloton Guide.
- Damage or equipment failure due to accident, abuse, improper or abnormal use, neglect, corrosion, discolouration of paint or plastic (or any other change in cosmetic appearance that does not affect performance), theft, vandalism, fire, flood, wind, lightning, freezing or other natural disasters or acts of God of any kind, electrical wiring, power reduction, power fluctuation or power failure from whatever cause, unusual atmospheric conditions, collision, introduction of foreign objects, or modifications that are unauthorised or not recommended by Peloton.
- Incidental or consequential damages. Except to the extent required by the Australian Consumer Law or other applicable law that cannot be excluded, Peloton is not responsible or liable for indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages, economic loss, loss of property or profits, loss of enjoyment or use, or other consequential damages of any nature whatsoever in connection with the purchase, use, repair or maintenance of equipment or parts, and Peloton will not provide monetary or other compensation for any such repairs or replacement parts costs, including but not limited to gym membership fees, work time lost, cost of substitute equipment, diagnostic visits, maintenance visits or transportation.
- Use of the Peloton Bike for commercial purposes or for any use other than normal use in a single-family or household.
- Any attempt to move or repair fitness equipment creates a risk of injury and property damage. Peloton is not responsible or liable for any damage or injury incurred during, or as a result of, any move, repair or attempted repair of equipment by anyone other than a Peloton authorised service technician. All moves or repairs attempted by you or your agents are undertaken AT YOUR OWN RISK and Peloton will have no liability for any injury to persons or property arising from such attempted moves or repairs. In addition, labour may no longer be covered if you move outside of Peloton’s service area.
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW AND WITHOUT EXCLUDING, RESTRICTING OR MODIFYING THE APPLICATION OR EXERCISE OF ANY RIGHT OR REMEDY TO WHICH YOU MAY BE ENTITLED UNDER AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW OR ANY LIABILITY OF PELOTON IN RELATION TO A FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH A GUARANTEE THAT APPLIES UNDER AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW TO A SUPPLY OF GOODS OR SERVICES:
- THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY GIVEN BY PELOTON AND SUPERSEDES ANY PRIOR, CONTRARY OR ADDITIONAL REPRESENTATIONS.
- ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY STATUTORY WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- IN SO FAR AS A WARRANTY CANNOT BY LAW BE DISCLAIMED, SUCH WARRANTY IS LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE WARRANTY PERIODS SET FORTH ABOVE.
- TO THE EXTENT THAT THIS EXCLUSION APPLIES, IT APPLIES EVEN IF THIS WARRANTY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSES AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER DAMAGES ARE SOUGHT FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT OR UNDER ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
What you must do to obtain warranty service
To be eligible for service under this Limited Warranty you must provide Peloton with the serial number of your Peloton Bike and the dated receipt, or other proof of purchase indicating the date purchased, upon discovering any nonconformity or defect. Claims must be made within the specified warranty period.
To make a claim under this Limited Warranty, contact member support on 1800 952 535 or visit email@example.com.
What will Peloton do if the Limited Warranty is breached?
If, within the applicable Limited Warranty period, a defect arises in the Peloton Bike or a warranted component that is covered by this Limited Warranty and you submit a claim to Peloton under this Limited Warranty, then without excluding, restricting or modifying any other rights to which you may be entitled under the Australian Consumer Law or any other Australian consumer protection laws and regulations, Peloton will, at its option and as its sole obligation, either replace or repair the defective or malfunctioning Peloton Bike or component with the same or a comparable model.
Any replacement or repaired component shall be warranted for the remainder of the original Limited Warranty period or 30 days, whichever is longer, or for any additional period that is required by applicable law. Where permitted by law, replacement units, parts and electronic components reconditioned to as-new condition by Peloton or its vendors may sometimes be supplied as warranty replacement and constitute fulfilment of warranty terms. Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods. Where Peloton considers a component of the Peloton Bike to have breached a consumer guarantee, any shipping costs to return the relevant component to Peloton or the cost of Peloton collecting the relevant part(s) will be at Peloton’s cost. To the extent that the Peloton Bike or component is capable of retaining user- generated data, you should be aware that repairs may result in the loss of that data.
What if I have questions or concerns?
This Limited Warranty is given by Peloton Interactive Australia Pty Ltd
- You may direct any questions or concerns to member support: 1800 952 535, or by writing to us at:
Peloton Interactive Australia Pty Ltd
20 Martin Place
Attention: Limited Warranty Claims
Without excluding, restricting or modifying any rights or remedies to which you may be entitled under the Australian Consumer Law or other applicable law, any disputes between you and Peloton related to this Limited Warranty or the Peloton Bike will be governed by the then-current dispute resolution procedures in Peloton’s Terms of Service, available at onepeloton.com.au/terms-of-service
We are reimagining our Service Plan offering and look forward to sharing more details with you in the future