Strength training plays an important role not only in athletic performance, but in day-to-day life. Peloton offers beginner, intermediate, and advanced strength classes across multiple categories to meet you wherever you are in your strength training journey.
Peloton Strength classes are available on the Peloton Bike, Bike+, Tread, App, web, and Guide.
Types of Strength Classes
Strength class types include:
- Warm Up
- Full Body
- Upper Body
- Lower Body
- Arms & Light Weights
- Strength for Runners
- Resistance Bands
- Boxing Bootcamp
Peloton also offers strength classes in German with Assal Arian, Mayla Wedekind, Marcel Maurer, and Erik Jäger and classes in Spanish with Rad Lopez and Camila Ramón. To update your language preferences, go to “Settings” within your profile and toggle on whichever language(s) you choose. Save the changes, and then when you select the strength class category, you will see the option to filter classes by language.
Roll Call Classes
Within the Full Body, Bodyweight, Core, Upper Body, and Lower Body strength class categories are Roll Call classes. Roll Call classes appear on the daily schedule and are designed to act as a weekly strength training program. Each Roll Call class focuses on a different muscle group per weekday: full body, bodyweight, glutes & legs, upper body, and core. The muscle groups activated in each Roll Call class will reflect in the Body Activity section of your profile.
You can find Roll Call classes by clicking on the schedule and filtering classes by the strength category.
For more information about how to schedule a class, click here. For help filtering classes, click here.
Peloton Strength Programs are designed to help you build your strength training routine one step at a time. You can find our catalog of Peloton Programs via the Programs tab on the home screen.
- Beginner Strength: Join Matty and Olivia for a six-week program guiding you through proper form and strength techniques and movements. This program is ideal for anyone new to strength training.
- Beginner Pilates: Kristin McGee leads a week-long introductory program in which each class focuses on a different Pilates principle.
- Total Strength and Total Strength 2: Learn key strength movements and proper form in these four- and six-week programs with Andy.
- Total Strength (German): Erik teaches key strength movements and proper form in German over the course of four weeks.
- Discover Strength with Assal: Learn three essential strength movements in three one-week programs: The Snatch, The Clean and Jerk, and The Overhead Squat.
- Arms with Tunde: Challenge and strengthen your upper body with Tunde in this four-week program that focuses on arms and shoulders.
- Intermediate/Advanced 3 Day Split: Join Jermaine, Callie, and Robin in their one-week split training programs. Split training targets specific areas of the body in each workout to help you increase strength and build muscle.
- Intermediate 5 Day Split: Grow your split training regiment with Ben, Matty, and Adrian in these one week programs.
- Adaptive Strength with Logan: Logan leads two one-week programs to help adaptive athletes discover their physical and mental strength. You can choose between seated or standing to best support your journey.
- Crush Your Core & Crush Your Core 2: Emma leads two four-week, bodyweight programs designed to help you increase core stability, strength, and endurance.
- Strong Core Strong Body: In this four-week program in German, Irène teaches movements designed to help improve your core stability, strength, and endurance so you can harness the power of your core in your other Peloton workouts.
- Floor Bootcamp: This four-week program with Jess Sims and Selena combines strength and cardio to give you a comprehensive training routine.
For more information about Peloton Programs, click here.
Strength Training Accessories
Although we offer bodyweight classes, you may want to build your strength training routine with the addition of weight training accessories. Accessories commonly used in Peloton Strength classes include:
- Light Weights: Some Pilates, Barre, and Arms & Light Weights classes use 1lb, 2lb, or 3lb weights. Lighter weight and higher repetition is the focus of these classes. Shop light weights here.
- Dumbbells: For Peloton strength classes that require weights, our instructors will give a weight range: light (5lb - 10lb / 2.3kg - 4.5kg), medium (15lb - 20lb / 6.8kg - 9.1kg), and heavy (25lb - 30lb / 11.3kg - 13.6kg). Shop our dumbbell sets here.
- Resistance Bands: Choose between light, medium, and heavy options when taking Resistance Bands classes. Shop resistance bands sets here.
- Mat: This is your space for class. Select a mat that cushions your body when taking your strength training to the floor. To shop our reversible workout mat, click here.
- Peloton Guide: The Peloton Guide presents an at-home AI-powered personal training strength option. Explore the Peloton Guide here.
Want to learn a little more about Peloton’s strength instructors? Visit our instructor biography page here.